KudoZ home » Spanish to English » Law/Patents

tramite de tenencia

Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.

You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs
(or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
12:54 Feb 18, 2001
Spanish to English translations [PRO]
Spanish term or phrase: tramite de tenencia
Por medio de la presente solicito se sirvan informarme acerca de la dirección de la señora X, para efectos del tramite de tenencia de la menor Y.
Franco Metayer
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:31

Summary of answers provided
nacustody proceedings
Patricia Lutteral
nacustody proceedings
Robert Dillon
naguardianship of minor Y proceedings
xxxPaul Roige



21 mins
guardianship of minor Y proceedings

Hello. In link 1 you'll find heaps of links on the matter. Link 2 shows: one sample: "Instructional Brochure... Proceedings. Guardianship of Minor Proceedings. ..."
good luck with it :-)

    Reference: http://www.google.com/search?q=proceedings+guardianship+mino...
    Reference: http://www.17thjudicialdistrict.com/instructional_brochure.h...
xxxPaul Roige
Local time: 23:31
Native speaker of: Native in SpanishSpanish, Native in CatalanCatalan
PRO pts in pair: 442

Peer comments on this answer (and responses from the answerer)
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

24 mins
custody proceedings

I can't find anything on this in my dictionaries, but I remember it coming up a couple of years ago on a translators' list. It's used in Argentina and, for all I know, elsewhere.

It also seems to fit in the context.

Robert Dillon
Local time: 16:31
Native speaker of: Native in EnglishEnglish
PRO pts in pair: 65

Peer comments on this answer (and responses from the answerer)
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

22 hrs
custody proceedings

child custody: an overview
Generally, statutes authorize the court having jurisdiction of divorce proceedings to determine who shall have custody of children from the marriage. (The authority to do so is considered part of the original jurisdiction of the court, and not as a new authority being conferred upon them.) Under the common statutory provision, the parents of a child born within a marriage are joint guardians of that child and the rights of both parents are equal--each parent has an equal right to the custody of the child when they separate.
You'll find a lot about custody in this site.

Best regards,


    Reference: http://www.law.cornell.edu/topics/child_custody.html
Patricia Lutteral
Local time: 19:31
Native speaker of: Spanish
PRO pts in pair: 505
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

Return to KudoZ list

KudoZ™ translation help
The KudoZ network provides a framework for translators and others to assist each other with translations or explanations of terms and short phrases.

See also:

Term search
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search