KudoZ home » Spanish to English » Science



Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.

You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs
(or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
23:24 Jul 22, 2001
Spanish to English translations [Non-PRO]
Spanish term or phrase: Odontology
For a university transcript of studies. I don´t know if the term is used in USA or the UK, or is dentistry + common.

Summary of answers provided
na +1Odontology
Barbara Thomas



16 mins peer agreement (net): +1

I assume that you are looking for the translation of odontología. I would not translate odontología as dentistry. In Spain, odontology is a medical specialty involving at least 2 years postgraduate study after receiving a medical degree. These specialists do everything from filling a cavity to jaw reconstruction, which in the US would be handled by a dentist and oral surgeon, respectively.

Ref: I'm a physician.

Barbara Thomas
United States
Local time: 06:44
Native speaker of: Native in EnglishEnglish
PRO pts in pair: 309

Peer comments on this answer (and responses from the answerer)
agree  CCW
10 hrs
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

Return to KudoZ list

KudoZ™ translation help
The KudoZ network provides a framework for translators and others to assist each other with translations or explanations of terms and short phrases.

See also:

Term search
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search