14:02 Aug 21, 2000
Swedish to English translations [PRO]
Swedish term or phrase: kindantenna
Source text from an article on radar technology:

"De resurser man använder är bl a Boeing 707 med kindantenner och DC3 i turboprop-version med liten roterande ELINT-antenn."

I doubt "Cheek antenna" is the correct term, since I cannot locate it in any of the English reference books I have. But I think they are referring to the antennas that are bent to look like a shell or a taco. Anyone with any professional experience out there, who can give me the correct term?
Dave Rumsey


Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.

You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs (or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.

KudoZ™ translation help

The KudoZ network provides a framework for translators and others to assist each other with translations or explanations of terms and short phrases.

See also:

Your current localization setting


Select a language

Term search
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search