I am a freelance English - Spanish, Spanish - English translator with vast experience in the IT fields. I am currently working with an Internet portal, translating technology related content. I keep abreast of the latest technological developments and I pride myself in my accuracy, punctuality and efficiency.
I am interested in becoming part of your translation team. I am highly qualified and have vast experience in this type of work. I have native fluency in Spanish (LA) and a deep understanding of Spanish culture, as well as good knowledge of the Internet culture. I own a proven track record of translating for the consumer market and I am capable of translating 3600 words from Spanish into English and vice versa. My fees are US $0.05 per word.
* I hold an MA in Linguistics from Stony Brook University, in New York State. (1977)
* Have over 20 years of experience in translating a variety of subjects, including finance, economics, business, particularly IT and hi-tech related topics.
* I consider myself to be assertive, organized and methodical with excellent knowledge of latest technical terminology.
* Able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
* Own the latest hardware and software tools, including MS Office XP, TRADOS Translator's Workbench and Multiterm, WordFast, several HTML editors and high-speed access to the Web.
Commitment, accuracy, speed and confidentiality are an integral part of my work ethics.
You may view my resume on-line at: