Personal History Profile – Louise Beaudry
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone : (514) 739-2312
Skype: Louise 2318
I am a professional freelance translator and interpreter with 16 years of experience. Services include translation, adaptation, proofreading, editing, localization and harmonization.
• History (BSpH) Université du Québec à Montréal (UQUAM), 1978/79
• Criminology, Université de Montréal, 2004
• DEC Humanities Collège St-Laurent, Montréal, 1975
Languages: French, English
1. Guided Tour of Haitian Culture and Historic Background (2000)
2. What is Sexual Harassment? (2001)
As a professional trainer and translator I have directed my own Recruitment and Human Resource agency for 5 years in the Caribbean. My clients were from the private sector and international organizations as well as embassies and NGOs. My clients were: Xeos, Texaco, 4C Laboratories, several embassies (US, Canada, France), Capital Bank, UNDP, Unibank, Scotia Bank.
Have designed and delivered multiple training and workshop programs on several topics such as:
- Training the Trainers - Customer Service - Sales Representative
- Recruitment and Hiring Procedures - Staff Motivation - The Good Supervisor – Time Management – Conflict Resolution – Leadership skills
- Personal Growth for a Better society - Individual Responsibility in the good functioning of society
- Wine History in the world - Wine making, tasting and serving.
Delivered lectures on Sexual Harassment and Drug Addiction in Haiti and Kenya.
• Have taught French and English to staff of companies such as: Texaco, Shell, Esso Standard Oil, Sogebank, Unibank, as well as private courses for expatriates.
Have translated numerous documents in: Education, Project proposals for Development programs, Marketing, Training programs, Oenology, Wine tasting and history, Psychiatry, Medical, Psychology, Engineering, Human Resources, Administrative procedures, Environmental Sciences, Tourism, Criminology, Social Sciences, Web Sites etc…
Have extensive experience in adaptation, back translation and harmonization of medical, educational, technical documents, manuals and questionnaires. Have extensive experience in cognitive interviews of patients for different pathologies.
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Personality disorders
- Borderline Personality and Bipolar Disorder
- Learning Disorders (neurological and psychological aspects)
- Cardiovascular pathologies
- Stem Cell Research
- Adenofibromyomatos hyperplasia
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Polycythemia Vera (blood disorder)
- Cancer (throat, brain, breast, liver, pancreas, skin, lungs)
- Kidney disease
- Walking difficulties (use of medical equipment)
- Musculoskeletal diseases
- MMPI 2 (Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory-2-Restructured Form)
Yossef S. Ben-Porath and Auke Tellegen
- Controlled Oral Word Association Test (COWAT) for Schizophrenic patients
- Wolfgang Kohler’s Gestalt approach to problem-solving in animals
- Consequences of Learning Disorders in Adults
- TTO and WTP study to elicit the value of flexible diabetes treatment in Canada,
UK and Sweden
- Putative periodontal pathogens in sub gingival specimens in humans
- Congestive Heart Failure and sodium - Discharge Care
- Heart Failure: Heart Rhythm Problems
- Specific Treatment of Post Traumatic Nightmares
- Columbia Suicide Severity Rating Scale
- Myocardial Infarction
- Diabetes in Pregnant Women (Diabetes-mellitus) - Treatment
- Systemic Therapy for Ovarian Cancer
- Consequences of Excessive or Prolonged use of Corticosteroid
Regularly translate documents from English to French and French to English for Medical research centers and translation agencies in US, Canada, France and UK.
Psychiatry, Hematology, Dermatology, Cardiology, Neurology, Brain and Throat cancer, Haematology, Diabetes, Learning Disorders, Multiple Sclerosis, Fibromyalgia, Schizophrenia, Cerebral Palsy, etc..
International Work: Have managed training departments for the United Nations in Peacekeeping for several years in East Africa and the Caribbean.
- Power Point
Memberships: Montreal Board of Trade, Proz, Translators Café, World Wide Agency, Montreal Professional Business Association.
References upon Request