Chinese to English
English to Chinese
| Liang-Hsin Sung |
Taipei, T'ai-pei, Taiwan
Local time: 18:56 CST (GMT+8)
| || |
clients and colleagues
on Willingness to Work Again
|No feedback collected|
| Freelancer |
| This person has a SecurePRO™ card. Because this person is not a ProZ.com Plus subscriber, to view his or her SecurePRO™ card you must be a ProZ.com Business member or Plus subscriber. |
|Translation, Interpreting, Editing/proofreading, Training, Project management|
|Science (general)||Mathematics & Statistics|
|Law: Patents, Trademarks, Copyright||Electronics / Elect Eng|
|Education / Pedagogy||Computers: Systems, Networks|
| USD |
| 0 entries |
|Wire transfer, Check, Money order|
|Sample translations submitted: 3 |
|Chinese to English: INCENSE STICK STRUCTURES FOR EXTENDING INCENSE STICK BURNING TIME AND METHODS THEREOF|
Detailed field: Law: Patents, Trademarks, Copyright
|Source text - Chinese|
|Translation - English|
The present invention relates to an incense stick structure for extending incense stick burning time and a method thereof. An elongated main body is formed on an end of an incense stick supporting handle, wherein the elongated main body is characterized by an outer surface having a vertical channel formed axially along the elongated main body and a plurality of counterclockwise and clockwise horizontal channels formed hierarchically and radially around the elongated main body such that the outer surface appears to be consisted of a plurality of protruding guiding blocks in relative to the elongated main body. In accordance with the incense stick structure, the present invention interferes and guides burning of incense sticks, thereby forcing a heat source to burn along the route and in the direction by following the way that the plurality of protruding guiding blocks are connected so as to achieve the effect as well as the objective of extending the burning time.
|English to Chinese: Contract|
Detailed field: Law: Contract(s)
|Source text - English|
1. Independent Contractor. The relationship of the parties is that of independent contractors and not of joint venturers, co-partners, employer/employee or principal/agent.
2. Publicity. Neither party will make any press release or other public disclosure regarding this Quotation or the transactions contemplated hereby without the other party's express prior written consent, except as required by applicable law, by any governmental agency or by the rules of any stock exchange on which the securities of the disclosing party are listed, in which case the party required to make the press release or public disclosure shall use commercially reasonable efforts to obtain the approval of the other party as to the form, nature and extent of the press release or public disclosure prior to issuing the press release or public disclosure.
|Translation - Chinese|
|English to Chinese: Power wheelchair manual|
General field: Tech/Engineering
Detailed field: Mechanics / Mech Engineering
|Source text - English|
|Translation - Chinese|
1. Avoid hitting controller and the joystick
2. Avoid long exposure of the power wheelchair to the environment where it is extremely cold, hot or humid.
3. Ensure cleanliness of controller and the joystick
4. Check to see all wiring connections are tightened
5 Direct washing of the power wheelchair by water is strictly prohibited
6. Use soft clothes to clean the main frame and the back upholstery; do not use rough clothes and direct cleaning of the controller, battery charger or other power connectors using detergents is strictly prohibited.
7. Avoid traveling on sand, carpeted floor or floor having bands and hair
8. Lubricate the fixing screws of the rear tires, bearings and etc every three months
9. Use certified batteries and the battery must only be replaced by authorized distributors
10. Recharge regularly
11. Switch off the controller power to check if the joystick is bent or damaged. No matter which direction is the joystick pushed to, the joystick should be able to be resumed to its original central position when released. Inspect to see if the rubber exterior below the joystick is damaged; do not repair on your own should you find any problems; immediately contact us or the authorized distributors for repair.
11. Eye inspect the controller surface to make sure that the surface is not damaged and the wires are not exposed; do not repair on your own should you find any problems; immediately contact us or the authorized distributors for repair.
12. Ensure that all wiring connections are correct and proper; do not over-tighten the screws.
|Years of translation experience: 10. Registered at ProZ.com: Feb 2009.|
|Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, SDL TRADOS|
|CV available upon request|
I am currently an engineer at Datavideo Technologies, mainly responsible for compilation of English User Manual and Quick Start Guide, and translation of other related technical documents. Part of my job is also to be involved in project management and tracking. At Datavideo, I have been exposed to various video and audio related products such as audio mixers, video switchers and video effect creating devices.
Prior to joining Datavideo in Feb 2014, I worked as a project coordinator at Hitron Technologies since May 2010, and my main job role is to coordinate schedules between R&D department and customers as well as keeping records of issues, software release schedule, and QA schedule. Also, because of my superior English ability, I am also responsible for communicating with the customers for our R&D personnel. Software issues are tracked in JIRA system and the release version control is also done in the same system. In addition to enhancing my project management skill at Hitron, I have also learned a considerable amount of knowledge in DOCSIS, computer networking and Cable Modems.
From Apr 2008 to May 2010, I was mainly involved in patent engineering, responsible for patent translations and OA letter drafting. I was also a part-time translator for various translation services, such as World Translation Service, Transglobe Translation Service, and T-United Translation Service, mainly focusing on Chinese to English translation.
I joined Realtek Semiconductor as a Field Application Engineer in June 2007 but left the company in Mar 2008 as I had to move back to Taipei. During my stay at Realtek, I was involved in technical support of 5 and 8 port dumb switches. I have thus gained sufficient knowledge of IEEE802.3 (MAC and PHY layers) and improved my circuit analysis and problem-solving skills. In addition, I have the ability to test network switches using SmartBits and IXIA. Also, as an FAE, I had to effectively communicate with customers in either English or Mandarin so as to provide immediate technical support.
As for my education background, I obtained my master’s degree in RF and wireless communication from the University of Leeds in the UK in 2003. The program has improved my research ability, trained my ability to think independently and enhanced my knowledge in RF and wireless communications. Hence, together with my experience at Realtek, I have been exposed to both wireless and wired technologies.
Upon completion of the master’s degree, I returned to Taiwan and started the National Service in July 2004 till Jan 2006. The National Service has exposed me to basic military trainings therefore, I can adapt even in the toughest environment.
I possess a Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering department of Queen’s University in Canada. While at Queen’s, I had been actively involved in Extra-curricular activities. In the 98/99 academic year, I was the VP of Queen’s Asian Cooking Club. The purpose of this club is to promote Chinese culinary and Chinese culture to Queen’s. I was responsible for communication between club committee members and delegating tasks to committee members while the President is away. Not only have I improved my leadership and team working skills, the position also enhanced my understanding of the value of club organization and the importance of prioritizing tasks.
In the year 2000, I joined Semiconductor Insight as an intern and started my first full-time job. I was a patent analyst and my tasks were (1) extraction and analyis of state-of-art integrated circuits, (2) patent review, and (3) circuit analysis of state-of-art semiconductor devices such as DRAM, FPGA, flash memory sand etc.
I am interested in a position that covers all aspects of engineering. I am not afraid to work hard, follow directions and take on difficult jobs. I am also a keen learner, a good team player and able to work independently. I believe that my previous experiences make me a valid candidate for the position that I am applying to as I have demonstrated my ability in circuit analysis and English writing skill. I can be reached by email at email@example.com or by phone at +886987321609. Please do no hesitate to contact me if I could be of further help on the evaluation of my qualifications.
Keywords: Engineering and Patents
Profile last updated
Jul 12, 2014