2 projects entered 2 positive feedback from outsourcers
Editing/proofreading Volume: 800 words Completed: Jul 2006 Languages: Spanish to English
Proof-reading of laboratory report
This job involved proof-reading and editing a laboratory report translated from Spanish to English. The report was about a particular type of floor tiles and dealt mainly with technical characteristics and specifications of component materials.
Spanish and Portuguese to English translations and proofreading
Freelance translator since 2005
Services offered: translation, proofreading/editing (of translations and also of texts authored in English), localisation of English texts for the UK market
Qualifications: BA (Hons) Spanish & Portuguese (First Class), MA Translation (Distinction), MITI (qualified member of the Institute of Translation & Interpreting)
Languages: Spanish to English; Portuguese to English.
Software: Microsoft Office, Trados 2009.
- medical market research
- pharmacology (pharmacovigilance, regulatory affairs)
- international development/international organisations
- European Commission – 5408 pages revised between 2008 and 04/2016 (incl. Transport, Telecommunications and IT; Policies and Administration of the European Union; Agriculture and Fisheries)
- International Labour Organization – editing of over 97,000 words.
- Reviewing localised US>UK text for major sports equipment manufacturer (over 350 hours’ work, 2015-2017)
- Translation of more than 177,000 words of medical market research responses 2014-2016 (e.g. osteoarthritis, anti-retrovirals, transplants, wound care, diabetes, anaemia, prescribing behaviour, feedback on pharmaceutical advertising).
- Journal articles (e.g. chronic venous disease, drug-induced gallstones, skin conditions linked to corticosteroids, epilepsy).