Laura Pla Cobles FREELANCE TRANSLATOR
• A hard working, adaptable and efficient Multilingual Project Director for five years.
• Attention to detail, flexibility, conflict analysis and resolution, accurate reporting, and ability to work to deadlines.
• Deep knowledge of luxury brands in general and of watchmaking brands in particular.
• Multi-skilled, reliable and highly-motivated translator, I am open to all kinds of challenges.
WORK EXPERIENCE FREELANCE TRANSLATOR:
From July 2014. Paris, France.
• Translation and proofreading of web page content, mobile applications, and online and printed catalogues.
• Translation of press releases and other documents generated by the Communication Departments of my clients.
• SEO localization.
MULTILINGUAL PROJECT DIRECTOR AND TRANSLATOR:
September 2009 – May 2014. Datawords (Paris, France).
• Translation project management for:
• Printed magazines, press releases, and updates in web pages (desktop and mobile versions).
• DTP, SEO localization and iPad application projects.
• YouTube localization projects.
• Problem solving tasks.
• Project analysis.
• Client communication and project negotiation.
• Client's affiliate contact.
• Recruitment and management of freelance translators.
• Translation and proofreading.
May 2009 – September 2009. Vedettes de Paris (Paris, France)
April 2007 – September 2008. Poble Espanyol de Barcelona (Barcelona, Spain).
TEACHER OF SPANISH:
October 2008 – April 2009. Lycée Carnot (Dijon, France).
END USER VERIFICATION MANAGER:
June 2005 – October 2006. Hewlett Packard (Barcelona, Spain).
CREDIT CONTROL OFFICER:
November 2004 - May 2005. Science Museum (Barcelona, Spain).
APPLICATIONS ASSISTANT/DATA ANALYST:
September 2000 – February 2004. UPS (Dublin, Ireland).
PROJECT PARTICIPANT IN THE GLASNEVIN HERITAGE PROJECT:
December 1999 - July 2000. Glasnevin Cemetery Museum (Dublin, Ireland).
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL TRAINING BACHELOR’S DEGREE IN TRANSLATION AND INTERPRETING
September 2006 – June 2008.
Universitat Pompeu Fabra (Barcelona, Spain).
BACHELOR’S DEGREE IN HISTORY
1993 – 1999.
Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (Barcelona, Spain).
CITY AND GUILDS CERTIFICATE IN WEB PAGE DESIGN
September 2000 – February 2002.
Business Computer Training and Dorset College (Dublin, Ireland).
(Second languages – Proficiency level)
• Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
• Translation software: Trados 2014, Omega T.
• Web Page Design and Photography: Photoshop, Lightroom.
• The Rosetta Project: Translation of “The Adventure of Walter and the Rabbits” into Catalan.
• Empanzipation ad Humanum: Translation of “Response to Daily Global Terror”, by Wolfgang Fischer, into Spanish. http://emanzipationhumanum.de/espanol/humano/pecado.html
• Volunteer translator for ACF (Action contre la Faim).