Areas of expertise: telephone interpreting; social care and services; medical; business and marketing; contracts, laws, acts, and regulations.
Apprenticeship Course at Belgorod State Linguistic University, English, summers of 2002- 2005
Bachelor Degree in English and German languages (Diploma with distinction), Russia, 2000-2004
My job experience includes:
- interpreting at conferences/seminars/workshops;
- interpreting medical appointments in NHS hospitals;
- Freelance interpreting for social services and youth employment (e.g. NI interviews, benefits related applications for Birmingham Council)
- translation of brochures, court transcripts, medical documents, market research surveys, news, feature articles, and advertisements;
- translation of correspondence between members of dating agency www.anastasia-international.ru
October 2008 – till now. Events organiser, Hilton Northampton.
January 2005 – till now. Registered as a part-time freelance interpreter/translator with ALS UK LTD - leading interpreting and translation company with a vast nationwide network of clients.
February 2004 – till now. Freelance translator for www.anastasiainternational.ru (dating agency)
Daily capacity: 3-4000 words (normal)
Translation: 40-50 GBP per 1000 words
Proofreading: 20-30 GBP per 1000 words
Interpreting: 12-15 GBP per hour, 70-80 GBP per day
Phone Interpreting: £0.20 per minute
Minimum Rate: 10 GBP (up to 100 words)
Software: Windows XP, MS Office, Adobe Photoshop CS, Adobe Reader, Mozilla Firefox
Internet: Broadband 10 Mb
Types of payments: Bacs into UK bank account, PayPal, UK cheque, Postal order