Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
Translation, Interpreting, Website localization, Software localization, Training
Government / Politics
Medical: Health Care
Law: Taxation & Customs
Also works in:
Advertising / Public Relations
Media / Multimedia
Poetry & Literature
Food & Drink
Certificates, Diplomas, Licenses, CVs
English to Romanian - Rates: 0.10 - 0.10 GBP per word / 30 - 50 GBP per hour Romanian to English - Rates: 0.06 - 0.07 GBP per word / 25 - 25 GBP per hour English to Moldavian - Rates: 0.06 - 0.07 GBP per word / 25 - 25 GBP per hour Moldavian to English - Rates: 0.06 - 0.07 GBP per word / 25 - 25 GBP per hour
English to Romanian: Catcall by Linda Newbery General field: Art/Literary Detailed field: Poetry & Literature
Source text - English Next day, at the end of school, I went across to the juniors as usual, with Brody and Noori, to collect Jamie. Soon as I got to the gate, and all the mums waiting with their buggies, I heard, ‘Hey, Josh!’ and Jamie’s friend Arran ran towards me. He must have been waiting.
‘Mr Rose says can you come in?’ he panted. ‘Jamie’s been talking!’
‘What’s that about?’ I heard Noori ask Brody.
‘Jamie’s gone peculiar,’ Brody said. ‘They’re sending him to a psychiatrist.’
Psychiatrist isn’t the same as psychologist, but I couldn’t stop now to put Brody right. I ran in with Arran, outpacing him.
‘Talking?’ I asked, turning to run backwards, so he could catch up. ‘What, just like normal?’
‘Well, no. It’s a bit odd, to say the least. He’s being a cat!’
‘A cat? How?’
Translation - Romanian Ziua următoare, la sfârşitul orelor, am trecut ca de obicei pe partea cealaltă pe la cei mici, împreună cu Brody şi Noori, să-l luăm pe Jamie. De îndată ce am ajuns la poartă, unde toate mămicile aşteptau cu cărucioarele, am auzit: „Hei, Josh!” şi Arran, prietenul lui Jamie a alergat spre mine. Trebuie să ne fi aşteptat.
„Domnul Rose zice: Poţi veni înăuntru?“ gâfâise el. „Jamie vorbeşte!“
„Despre ce-i vorba?“ L-am auzit pe Noori întrebând pe Brody.
„Jamie a luat-o razna,“ zise Brody. „Îl trimit la un psihiatru.“
Psihiatrul nu e la fel ca psihologul, dar nu m-aş putea opri acum să-l corectez pe Brody. Am alergat înăuntru cu Arran, depăşindu-l.
„Vorbeşte?“ Am întrebat, întorcându-mă să alerg înapoi, aşa încât a putut să mă ajungă. „Ce, aşa cum e normal?“
„Păi bine, nu. E puţin ciudat, ca să nu zic prea mult. E o pisică!“
„O pisică? Cum?“
• Member of Society of Official Metropolitan Interpreters UK Ltd. Romanian language.
• Member of National Register of Public Service Interpreters, UK. Languages: Romanian and Moldovan.
• Member of Chartered Institute of Linguists. Mother tongue: Romanian, language of qualification: English. Chartered Institute of Linguists, London, UK.
• Diploma in Police Interpreting (QCF), Romanian, Level 6, Chartered Institute of Linguists, 2014.
• Doctorate in Professional Studies (Lexicography). Middlesex University, London, UK, July 2017.
• Master of Arts, MA the Theory and Practice of Translation (Distinction). Middlesex University, London, UK, June 2009.
• Diploma in Public Service Interpreting (QCF), English Law/Romanian, Level 6, Chartered Institute of Linguists, June 2008.
Languages: Romanian, Moldovan and English.
This user has earned KudoZ points by helping other translators with PRO-level terms. Click point total(s) to see term translations provided.