Translation, Interpreting, Website localization, Software localization, Training
Government / Politics
Medical: Health Care
Law: Taxation & Customs
Also works in:
Advertising / Public Relations
Media / Multimedia
Poetry & Literature
Food & Drink
Certificates, Diplomas, Licenses, CVs
English to Romanian - Rates: 0.10 - 0.10 GBP per word / 30 - 50 GBP per hour Romanian to English - Rates: 0.06 - 0.07 GBP per word / 25 - 25 GBP per hour English to Moldavian - Rates: 0.06 - 0.07 GBP per word / 25 - 25 GBP per hour Moldavian to English - Rates: 0.06 - 0.07 GBP per word / 25 - 25 GBP per hour
English to Romanian: Catcall by Linda Newbery General field: Art/Literary Detailed field: Poetry & Literature
Source text - English Next day, at the end of school, I went across to the juniors as usual, with Brody and Noori, to collect Jamie. Soon as I got to the gate, and all the mums waiting with their buggies, I heard, ‘Hey, Josh!’ and Jamie’s friend Arran ran towards me. He must have been waiting.
‘Mr Rose says can you come in?’ he panted. ‘Jamie’s been talking!’
‘What’s that about?’ I heard Noori ask Brody.
‘Jamie’s gone peculiar,’ Brody said. ‘They’re sending him to a psychiatrist.’
Psychiatrist isn’t the same as psychologist, but I couldn’t stop now to put Brody right. I ran in with Arran, outpacing him.
‘Talking?’ I asked, turning to run backwards, so he could catch up. ‘What, just like normal?’
‘Well, no. It’s a bit odd, to say the least. He’s being a cat!’
‘A cat? How?’
Translation - Romanian Ziua următoare, la sfârşitul orelor, am trecut ca de obicei pe partea cealaltă pe la cei mici, împreună cu Brody şi Noori, să-l luăm pe Jamie. De îndată ce am ajuns la poartă, unde toate mămicile aşteptau cu cărucioarele, am auzit: „Hei, Josh!” şi Arran, prietenul lui Jamie a alergat spre mine. Trebuie să ne fi aşteptat.
„Domnul Rose zice: Poţi veni înăuntru?“ gâfâise el. „Jamie vorbeşte!“
„Despre ce-i vorba?“ L-am auzit pe Noori întrebând pe Brody.
„Jamie a luat-o razna,“ zise Brody. „Îl trimit la un psihiatru.“
Psihiatrul nu e la fel ca psihologul, dar nu m-aş putea opri acum să-l corectez pe Brody. Am alergat înăuntru cu Arran, depăşindu-l.
„Vorbeşte?“ Am întrebat, întorcându-mă să alerg înapoi, aşa încât a putut să mă ajungă. „Ce, aşa cum e normal?“
„Păi bine, nu. E puţin ciudat, ca să nu zic prea mult. E o pisică!“
„O pisică? Cum?“
• Member of Society of Official Metropolitan Interpreters UK Ltd. Romanian language.
• Member of National Register of Public Service Interpreters, UK. Languages: Romanian and Moldovan.
• Member of Chartered Institute of Linguists. Mother tongue: Romanian, language of qualification: English. Chartered Institute of Linguists, London, UK.
• Diploma in Police Interpreting (QCF), Romanian, Level 6, Chartered Institute of Linguists, 2014.
• Doctorate in Professional Studies (Lexicography). Middlesex University, London, UK, July 2017.
• Master of Arts, MA the Theory and Practice of Translation (Distinction). Middlesex University, London, UK, June 2009.
• Diploma in Public Service Interpreting (QCF), English Law/Romanian, Level 6, Chartered Institute of Linguists, June 2008.
Languages: Romanian, Moldovan and English.
This user has earned KudoZ points by helping other translators with PRO-level terms. Click point total(s) to see term translations provided.