I come from a background in journalism, publishing and the social sciences but linguistics and languages are my first love. I am in the interesting position of being a professionally-trained linguist with a decade of experience as a project manager at several LSPs. My inner wordsmith engrosses himself in the nitty-gritty linguistic details of a project, while my inner project manager is constantly mastering new technical skills and thinking of proactive solutions for project issues as they arise (or even before they do).
My previous experience as a project manager gives me an edge – I understand your needs and challenges, so I want to work with you not just as a vendor but as a language partner. I’ll approach each project not just as a wordsmith, but with a project manager’s eye for detail and a knack for no-nonsense problem-solving. I’ll work to provide the superior quality that your clients expect and deserve. And I’ll strive to deliver on time – every time.
Of course, I'm interested in getting to know you too, so please feel free to contact me if you want to partner with me on a translation or editing project, have a question about project management, translation, QA, etc., or just want to introduce yourself.
• 8 years of active professional translation and editing experience (since 2011)
• Professional Certificate in Translation (Spanish > English concentration) from NYU School of Continuing and Professional Studies
• Passed Level 2 (N2) of the Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT)
• 10 years of project and account management, working mainly with clients in the banking/financial, legal, and med/pharma verticals (since 2006)
• Experience working with: clinical trials, informed consent, pharmaceutical info sheets, legal documents, terms & conditions, academic transcripts, business strategy and marketing presentations, IT documentation, iPhone/iPad application guides, banking and home mortgage materials, psychological study abstracts
Services Offered: Translation, editing, Linguistic QA
Specialties: translation; editing; QA; 日本語; español, Japanese, Spanish, legal, law, finance, banking, IT