I've been working as a translator for over 15 years now. However, apart from a few episodes (3-4 years in total) it has never been a full time job. I am currently employed as an IT analyst for a major consultancy (now, that is my day job); translating is my afternoon/weekend job and a bit of a hobby.
After graduating from the Department of Management of Warsaw University (where I specialized in capital markets and financial mathematics) I took PhD studies at University College London (where I specialized in software engineering).
I've got Extensive experience in preparing and translating documents related to system implementation life cycle:
- analysis (requirements, RTM, process engineering, use cases, ...)
- design (data modeling (both relational and object oriented), component design, functional and technical design documents, ...)
- implementation (code documentation, low level technical design documents, software localization, ...)
- testing (test cycle, test scenarios, test cases/scripts, TCER, ...)
- deployment (deployment scenarios, SLAs, ...)
Additionally, I am well familiar with different facets of software engineering and software architecture, with special focus on system modeling issues. Along with software related documentation, I am very often exposed to business development related documentation (RFPs, RFQs, RFIs, proposals, ...) in a very strict business environment. Finally, I am proficient in the area of capital markets (stocks, commodities, derivatives, IB, ...).
Feel free to contact me with any queries - it's good to talk.