· BA Hons (4-year degree) in Translation and Interpreting (English, French and German).
· 9 years’ experience in the UK and Italy as a Spanish Translator and Coordinator of Translation Projects.
· Excellent communication and writing skills.
· Fluent in English (5 years in the UK), French (3-year university study), Spanish (mother tongue), Italian (resident in Italy since 2006) and German (2 years in Germany).
· Highly organised, PC literate with excellent editing skils and an eye for detail.
2008: Communication for Development Master, Malmö University, Sweden (on-going)
2006: Business Administration Certificate, London Chamber of Commerce and Industry, UK
2000: BA (4-year degree) in Translation and Interpreting (English, French and German, University of Alicante, Spain
1999-2000: Socrates student exchange programme at Humboldt Universität zu Berlin, Germany
1997-1998: Erasmus student exchange programme at Sheffield Hallam University, England
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE Terminology Consultant, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, Rome, Italy (June 2009 - present)
· Compilation of terminology on water management and hydrologic resources in English, French, Italian and Spanish.
· Translation and revision of water-related glossary terms and definitions into Spanish.
Assistant Moderator of the FSN online Forum, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, Rome, Italy (November 2007 - May 2009)
· Maintenance of the content of FAO’s FSN Forum website (FSN Forum
· Translation into Spanish of all Forum documents: discussion summaries, e-mail correspondence, general content of the FSN website.
· Support of Forum members.
· Draft of news releases, discussion summaries and newsletters.
· Research for the latest news and resources on Food Security.
Freelance Translator (February 2007 - October 2007)
· Translation, proofreading and editing of DVD subtitling files from English into Spanish.
Translation Project Coordinator at Technicolor Creative Services - Subtitling, London, UK (March 2004-September 2006)
· Coordinated multi-lingual DVD translation projects (subtitling) in more than 40 languages, from planning stage to quality control and final delivery.
· Liaised with colleagues and consultants to ensure meeting of deadlines, troubleshooting of problem projects and achievement of highest quality.
· Administration and archiving of all project-related documents and correspondence.
· Developing and maintaining contents of corporate Intranet.
Translation Project Manager
at IMS (Independent Media Support), London, UK (March 2003 - January 2004)
· Coordinated translation and subtitling projects in more than 25 languages.
· Supported clients and freelance translators throughout projects.
· Tracked translation projects’ progress and costs using Excel and Access database.
Spanish In-House Translator
at ECI (European Captioning Institute), London, UK (July 2002 - Feb 2003)
· Translated subtitling files for feature films and bonus material from English into Spanish.
· Reviewed and proofread Spanish translations, giving feedback on consistency and accuracy.
Terminologist and Glossary Manager
at Wordbank, localisation and translation company, London, UK (August 2001 - June 2002)
· Created and maintained multi-lingual glossaries and translation memories (SDL Trados).
· Responsible for terminology consistency of all clients’ specific documentation.
· Provided Trados software training and support to colleagues and external consultants.
Technical Translator at M.T. Prieto Fachübersetzungen, Berlin, Germany - Leonardo da Vinci programme from the European Union (Jan-June 2001)
· Translated technical documents using translation memories (SDL Trados Translator’s Workbench and Transit).
Spanish: Native speaker
English: Fluent (Cambridge Proficiency Examination), lived in the UK from July 2001 - Oct 2006
French: Fluent (three years’ study at university)
German: Fluent (Goethe Institut’s Highest Language Certificate), lived in Berlin from 1999 to 2001
Italian: Fluent (currently preparing for advanced language certificate at Instituto di Cultura Italiano), resident in Italy since October 2006
Russian: Basic Level
MS-Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point and Access
SDL Trados: Excellent working knowledge of Translator's Workbench and WinAlign
Web Publishing: excellent knowledge of TYP03, Dreamweaver, basic HTML and Photoshop.
Typing: 50 wpm
Full driving licence
Travelling, foreign literature and tennis.
Available upon request.