English to Portuguese
Portuguese to English
| Aderson Schröder |
Bridge the gap between needs and results
Curitiba, Paraná, Brazil
Local time: 01:49 BRST (GMT-2)
| || |
clients and colleagues
on Willingness to Work Again
|1 positive entry|
| Freelancer |
| This person has a SecurePRO™ card. Because this person is not a ProZ.com Plus subscriber, to view his or her SecurePRO™ card you must be a ProZ.com Business member or Plus subscriber. |
|Blue Board: TranslateWay |
|Translation, Interpreting, Editing/proofreading, Website localization, Software localization, Subtitling, MT post-editing, Transcription, Training, Desktop publishing, Project management|
|Automotive / Cars & Trucks||Transport / Transportation / Shipping|
|Media / Multimedia||Games / Video Games / Gaming / Casino|
|Engineering (general)||Energy / Power Generation|
|Computers: Software||Computers: Hardware|
|Cinema, Film, TV, Drama||Certificates, Diplomas, Licenses, CVs|
|Also works in:|
|Finance (general)||IT (Information Technology)|
|Internet, e-Commerce||Law: Contract(s)|
|Marketing / Market Research||Telecom(munications)|
| PRO-level points: 22, Questions answered: 7 |
|PayPal, Wire transfer, Money order, Check|
|Bachelor's degree - Harvard University Extension School|
|Years of translation experience: 10. Registered at ProZ.com: Jan 2010.|
|English to Portuguese (JUCEPAR)|
Portuguese to English (JUCEPAR)
|Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office Pro, Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, SDL TRADOS, SDLX, Wordfast|
| Aderson Schröder endorses ProZ.com's Professional Guidelines (v1.1). |
Experienced Localization Engineer with over five years in the translation industry. Participating in and leading significant localization projects for both multinational and local companies. Experience
Clients and related jobs
- Coordinates all software localization efforts with the development and localization teams.
- Ensures product localization can be performed with standard localization tools and processes.
- Creates and modifies tools for localization processes, recommending improvements as necessary.
- Makes project forecasts and determines what effect proposed changes may have on outcome.
- Consults and shapes project plans by scheduling, estimating and advising how long localization efforts will take.
- Analyzes and prepares translation material for translators. Analyzes software for localization requirements.
- Manages, prepares and maintains project terminology bases and translation memories.
- Converts localization and translation material for work on Trados or other proprietary localizer software.
- Evaluates internal and external project dependencies, risks, and critical paths.
- Ensures contingency plans are in place, and recommends solutions.
- Provides specific scope information (such as word counts) to help estimate financial impact.
- Provides training to various groups on localization processes to ensure developers are aware of localization and globalization impacts on the product.
- Implements and improves current procedures and processes within the software localization team to reflect best practices.
- Supports internal and external localization teams by answering technical questions concerning software functionality and software localization kits.
HSBC, Grupo Positivo, TechWorld, Britanite, Copel, TranslateWay, Manfra among others.Click here to see a sample job
Keywords: localization engineer, engineering, portuguese, english, translation, proofreading, editing, localization, globalization, interpreter, subtitling, desktop publishing, translator, computers, technology, software, HTML, CSS, portuguese to english, english to portuguese, DTP, Trados, SDLX, Subtitle Workshop, SoundForge, flash, bug tracking, quality control, quality analysis
Profile last updated
Apr 11, 2012