Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
English to Arabic (Jordanian Translators' Association (JTA))
Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, DejaVu, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office Pro, Microsoft Word, Powerpoint
• English Instructor at Yarmouk University, Jordan, from 23 August, 2006 till22 August, 2008
• English-Arabic/Arabic-English translator at Amman International Services Center from 2004 till 2008.
• Intern and part-time assistant at the Faculty Development Center at Yarmouk University, Jordan in August – November 2008.
• Freedom House Youth Committee Advisor. (September 2007- July 2008)
• Visiting Fellow and Researcher and Program Advisor with Freedom House Washington DC. (November, 2008- June, 2009)
• Global Barter Corporation, NC (contract job/website translation)
• Educational Technologies Consultant at the Faculty Professional Development Center at Kent State, Ohio from April 2010 to the present.
• BA in English Language and Literature from Yarmouk University received in Jan, 2006. GPA: 3.75
• MA in English Literature (majoring in American postmodern novel) from Yarmouk University received in October, 2008. GPA: 3.52
• Enrolled as a PhD student in English at Kent State University, Ohio. GPA: 4:00
• A certificate in professional translation, Yarmouk University, February 2005.
• Native in Arabic and Fluent in English.
• 4 year experience in Arabic-English and English-Arabic translation (written and simultaneous translation)
• A very good knowledge of computer skills and internet.
• Essay Writing and Editing.
• Conference and workshop Organization, networking, and grant-writing.
Keywords: Arabic, general, legal, business, geography, technology, literature