English to Arabic (Jordanian Translators' Association (JTA))
Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, DejaVu, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office Pro, Microsoft Word, Powerpoint
• English Instructor at Yarmouk University, Jordan, from 23 August, 2006 till22 August, 2008
• English-Arabic/Arabic-English translator at Amman International Services Center from 2004 till 2008.
• Intern and part-time assistant at the Faculty Development Center at Yarmouk University, Jordan in August – November 2008.
• Freedom House Youth Committee Advisor. (September 2007- July 2008)
• Visiting Fellow and Researcher and Program Advisor with Freedom House Washington DC. (November, 2008- June, 2009)
• Global Barter Corporation, NC (contract job/website translation)
• Educational Technologies Consultant at the Faculty Professional Development Center at Kent State, Ohio from April 2010 to the present.
• BA in English Language and Literature from Yarmouk University received in Jan, 2006. GPA: 3.75
• MA in English Literature (majoring in American postmodern novel) from Yarmouk University received in October, 2008. GPA: 3.52
• Enrolled as a PhD student in English at Kent State University, Ohio. GPA: 4:00
• A certificate in professional translation, Yarmouk University, February 2005.
• Native in Arabic and Fluent in English.
• 4 year experience in Arabic-English and English-Arabic translation (written and simultaneous translation)
• A very good knowledge of computer skills and internet.
• Essay Writing and Editing.
• Conference and workshop Organization, networking, and grant-writing.
Keywords: Arabic, general, legal, business, geography, technology, literature