• Masters of Business Administration(MBA) (2004-2006)
• Graduation in commerce from Punjab university (2001-2003)
• Certified course from SSI institute in programming languages covering JAVA,C++.DHTML,linux.
.......................................................... Why Research? A
lmost any new technical text contains something to research. This is what I love about translations: you always learn something new, whatever experienced you might think you are
. That is why, to provide the best possible quality, a translator must have research skills.
ranslation needs several phases:
with the text to be translated and preformatting.
2. Draft translation
, highlighting the items for further research.
as much as possible about the highlighted items and correction of the draft.
4. Quality assurance
by thorough reading the translated text before submitting it.
Good Background I
have a MBA degree
and work as a marketing manager in one of the leading cement company. My extensive experience of freelance translating and proofreading/editing
gives me confidence in what I am doing. I have assisted in translating educational materials for my University since I have become a student, so my overall experience of translating exceeds 6 years now. Although my native language is Punjabi, I am fluent in English and have a near-native level of Hindi. I also have been living in both English-speaking and Punjabi-speaking communities. As an interpreter, I had a chance to provide my services to some very important people of my own city, such as governor and mayor, and many important visitors with lectures in my own company.
have good experience working with Trados and SDLX
, and I can quickly get along with any other TM tool, should a necessity for that arise.
I Like What I Am Doing M
y most favorite subjects for written translation are marketing and legal documentation
(protocols, informed consents, Investigator Brochures).
like participating in online services to help other people with translation of medical terminology and to improve my research skills, which I consider the most valuable thing for a translator.
eneral types of document in which I provide my professional skills are:
• General business documents
• Employee Handbooks
• Technical document translation Legal Contracts
• Operating and user manuals
• Marriage Certificates and Divorce Decrees
• Employee contract translation
• Technical Manuals
• Health and Safety documentation
• Brochures and Catalogs
• Website Content
• Medical translation: Patient and Clinical documentation
• Software Content
• Legal translation: Documents and contracts
• Government documentation
• Birth and Death Certificates
• and all types of other documents
I will be happy to provide proofs and sample translations on demand.
For further information, please see contact me via e-mail.
I look forward to hearing from you!