* PhD in English, summa cum laude. Thesis : “A semiolinguistic study of subtitling for an Automatically Processed Concise Writing (©APCW-ECAO) with an audiovisual application.” Paris-X Nanterre University ; National Center for Scientific Research (CNRS/ENS). France, 2005.
* Masters in Economic Sciences.
* B.A. in Law.
* B.A. in Sociology.
Paul Memmi is a translator for the subtitling and dubbing of films and TV programs. He is a permanent member of SACEM and a member of SNAC.
* 700 French subtitlings and dubbings of American films, and (with collaborators) Italian, German, Greek, Russian, Danish, Romanian, arabic, Hebrew, Chinese, Bengali, Tibetan, Zulu, films.
* 70 American subtitlings of French films (with collaborators).
* 50 French subtitlings of American TV programs and documentaries.
* Conception of the French writing and recording of audiodescriptions for the blind.
* French subtitlings for the hearing-impaired.
* French translations of American screenplays.
* Author of dialogues for French films.