Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
Indonesian to English: Indonesian National Standard for Category L Motor Vehicle Rims General field: Tech/Engineering Detailed field: Automotive / Cars & Trucks
Source text - Indonesian 6.3 Sifat tampak
Tampak luar pelek harus memenuhi ketentuan sebagai berikut;
(1) Tampak luar pelek harus mempunyai hasil pengerjaan akhir yang baik dan bebas dari berbagai kerusakan seperti: retak dan cacat lain yang dapat mengganggu dalam penggunaan.
(2) Permukaan yang bersentuhan langsung dengan ban dan lubang katup udara, bentuknya dan kondisi permukaannya tidak boleh mengurangi kinerja ban, ban dalam, dan katup udara.
6.4 Perlakuan permukaan (surface treatment)
(1) Apabila pada permukaan dilakukan pelapisan dengan proses listrik harus sesuai dengan SNI 09-1267-1989, Pelapisan listrik komponen kendaraan bermotor roda empat, ketentuan umum.
Perlakuan permukaan tidak diperlukan pada bagian yang tidak tampak setelah pelek di-assembling menjadi roda.
(2) Apabila pelek diberi lapisan dengan cara anodasi harus tahan terhadap korosi sesuai dengan SNI 07-0995-1989, Cara uji ketebalan lapisan anodasi.
(3) Apabila permukaan pelek diberi lapisan cat harus sesuai dengan SNI 03-2408-1991, Tata cara pengecatan logam.
Translation - English 6.3 Visible features
The external appearance of the rim must comply with the following provisions;
(1) The external appearance of the rim must be the end result of good workmanship and free from various defects such as: cracks and other defects that could adversely affect the use.
(2) The shape and surface conditions of surfaces which are in direct contact with the tyre and the air valve hole must not diminish the performance of the tyre, inner tube and air valve.
6.4 Surface treatment
(1) If there is a surface coating which has been applied by an electrical process it must comply with Indonesian National Standard 09-1267-1989, General provisions for the coating of electrical components in four wheeled motor vehicles.
Surface treatment is not required for components that are not visible once the rim has been assembled into a wheel.
(2) When the rim has been given an anodised layer it must withstand corrosion in compliance with Indonesian National Standard 07-0995-1989, Methods for testing the thickness of anodised layers.
(3) When the rim face has been given a layer of paint it must comply with Indonesian National Standard 03-2408-1991, Procedures for painting metal.
Bachelor's degree - Bristol University UK
Years of experience: 11. Registered at ProZ.com: Sep 2010. Became a member: Nov 2010.
I am a retired teacher of Maths and IT to 11-18 year olds. For four years my teaching career took me to East Malaysia where I learnt, taught, preached and did day to day business in Bahasa Malaysia. While there I was Principal of the Advanced Bible School in Lawas. I lectured daily. Several of the textbooks and the translation of the Bible we used were Indonesian. We had regular contact with Indonesians from the southern part of Borneo.
Spring 2011: I did two weeks intensive Malay study at Universiti Sains Malaysia, Penang and was a delegate at the Seminar on Translation of South East Asian Languages (TranSEAL) 2011. My wife, Jo Bennett (Proz profile here), also participated in the study programme and conference in Penang, and in October 2012 we joined forces to form a partnership trading as Alphanumeric Assistance. In the recent past I have done a lot of study to improve my knowledge of linguistics and the advanced grammar of Koine Greek and have just finished reading the whole of the Greek New Testament. As a spill over from the Greek study I have been investigating verbal aspect in Malay and Indonesian. You can find our website at www.alphanumericassistance.co.uk. Jo also translates from Malay and Indonesian into English and we are able to provide second pair of eyes checks for each other's work in these language combinations.
This user has earned KudoZ points by helping other translators with PRO-level terms. Click point total(s) to see term translations provided.