Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
Jun 23 (posted viaProZ.com): Since May, 2014, I have been working on an ongoing basis for a very well known medical imaging corporation. I have translated all sort of patient forms as well as advertising materials....more, + 1 other entry »
English to Spanish: Divorce Decree Detailed field: Law (general)
Source text - English DECREE OF DISSOLUTION OF NON-COVENANT MARRIAGE - WITH
1. This proceeding came on regularly to be heard by the Court without a jury.
2. The Court acquired jurisdiction over the parties on _______ (date of filing) by filing of a petition for Dissolution of Marriage by Petitioner.
3. This matter can be heard as a default proceeding with only one spouse present at the hearing because the Summons, Petition, and Preliminary Injunction were served upon the respondent in the following manner:
An Acceptance of Service Waiver and Consent acknowledging service of these documents by the Respondent was filed with the Court and Respondent therein declined to plead, consented to service, or the Summons waived the statutory period within which to plead and consented that Respondent's default be entered.
Translation - Spanish DECRETO DE DISOLUCION PERMITIDA DE MATRIMONIO – CON HIJOS
1. El presente proceso fue realizado regularmente ante el tribunal sin la presencia de un jurado.
2. El tribunal adquirió jurisdicción sobre las partes el _______ (fecha de presentación) por medio de la presentación de una petición de disolución de matrimonio sometida por la demandante.
3. El presente caso puede ser considerado como un proceso por defecto con la presencia de únicamente uno de los cónyuges en la audiencia debido a que el citatorio, la petición y el mandato preliminar fueron presentados al demandado de la manera siguiente:
Una renuncia a la aceptación de entrega y un consentimiento de recibo de dichos documentos por parte del demandado fueron sometidos al tribunal y por medio de éstos el demandado se negó a presentar declaración o aceptó la entrega o bien el citatorio exoneraba el período establecido dentro del cual se puede presentar declaración y permitía establecer defecto por parte del demandado.
Other - Certified Translator (Guatemala)
Years of translation experience: 38. Registered at ProZ.com: Nov 2010. Became a member: Dec 2010.
I became a certified legal translator in my home country, Guatemala, in 1980. Since then, I have completed a large number of translation jobs including legal documents, international organization documents, patient information and instruction forms, personnel training manuals, academic transcripts, school communications, advertising materials and others.
For about 15 years, while living in Guatemala, I worked for UNICEF and several other United Nations agencies. My job there required that I translate large project documents from Spanish into English. After I stopped working as a regular employee, I would still be hired as freelance translator.
Presently, I reside in the U.S. and for 15 years I have worked as a legal assistant. My job in a low firm has enhanced my experience in legal document translation. Many of my current clients are individuals who require translations of a diversity of legal documents, many of which are to be used in immigration procedures.
In addition, among my clients are companies in the healthcare and extended warranty and insurance fields. For these corporations, I have translated from English into Spanish a variety of materials including contracts, agreements, patient forms, letters, as well as advertising brochures and fliers. For additional information, please see: www.spanishenglishtranslatorphoenix.com.