Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
I am a medical translator of English (language B) and German (language C). My native language (language A) is Polish.
Here are some details about my education:
1. M.A. in English gives me professional knowledge of this language, as well as a good knowledge of German, because this language was also included in the curriculum.
2. With B.Sc. in biotechnology, which is an interdisciplinary field, I know a thing or two about chemistry, biochemistry, molecular biology, plant protection, neurophysiology, cell biology, histopathology, and related topics. This knowledge has been very helpful in translating medical, agricultural and veterinarian texts.
3. Last but not least, I polished my translation skills during postgraduate studies at STiJO, the best Polish school for translators and interpreters. There I could also learn the basics of legal and EU translations.
4. P.S. after 10 years in a music school I know the difference between B major and B-flat minor. ;)
For me, education is only the starting point and experience is all that really matters. I started to work as a translator already as a student, in 2004, and I have been a full-time freelance translator since 2007. My portfolio of medical translations includes texts from such fields as:
1. IFUs (e.g. mechanical ventilator, MRI scanner, mitral bioprosthesis, and surgical mesh)
2. Cardiology (treatment of arrhythmias)
3. Urology (antibiotic treatment of urethritis and its complications)
4. Orthopaedics (joint diseases, joint replacement, diagnostics of spine diseases)
5. Oncology (hospital discharge summaries of cancer patients, in vitro diagnostics of cancer)
6. Psychiatry (treatment of depression and anxiety disorders)
7. Immunology (allergies, treatment of SM complications)
I have also translated non-medical texts, such as music festival programmes, film subtitles, musicology papers, and descriptions of tourist sites.
My experience in interpreting is rather modest, with a student placement as an interpreter and two weeks of interpreting during an international violin competition. Still, I am open to new challenges.
If you believe that I might be helpful in your translation projects, or need further information, do not hesitate to email me: [email protected]
This user has earned KudoZ points by helping other translators with PRO-level terms. Click point total(s) to see term translations provided.