Working languages: English to Portuguese Spanish to Portuguese
André Carvalho Translation Project Manager
Local time: 09:36 WEST (GMT+1)
Native in: Portuguese
Feedback from clients and colleagues on Willingness to Work Again 3 positive reviews
Your feedback What André Carvalho is working on
Freelancer and outsourcer, Verified site user This person has a SecurePRO™ card. Because this person is not a ProZ.com Plus subscriber, to view his or her SecurePRO™ card you must be a ProZ.com Business member or Plus subscriber. Project management, Translation, Editing/proofreading, Software localization, Copywriting, Transcription, Training, Desktop publishing
Specializes in: IT (Information Technology) Management Automotive / Cars & Trucks
Also works in: Social Science, Sociology, Ethics, etc. Business/Commerce (general) Human Resources Education / Pedagogy Environment & Ecology Marketing / Market Research Construction / Civil Engineering Transport / Transportation / Shipping Manufacturing Mechanics / Mech Engineering Computers: Software Internet, e-Commerce Telecom(munications) Media / Multimedia Tourism & Travel Medical: Pharmaceuticals Medical (general) Law (general) Printing & Publishing Other
EUR Visa Bachelor's degree - FCSH - New University of Lisbon Years of translation experience: 8. Registered at ProZ.com: May 2011. N/A Spanish to Portuguese (Universidade Nova de Lisboa (Faculdade de Ciências Sociais e Humanas)) English to Portuguese (Universidade Nova de Lisboa (Faculdade de Ciências Sociais e Humanas)) N/A Across, Adobe Acrobat, Amara, Google Translator Toolkit, Indesign, memoQ, MemSource Cloud, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, ABBYY FineReader, Plunet, Powerpoint, SDL TRADOS, Smartcat, Smartling, Translation Workspace, Wordfast, XTM André Carvalho endorses ProZ.com's Professional Guidelines (v1.2).
I am a Linguist with secretariat skills able to work as a Translation Project Manager, a Translator and a Trainer.
As a Project Manager, I perform the following tasks:
• Prepare, monitor and deliver translation projects;
• Perform quotes;
• Answer requests and queries;
• Review documents in technical areas;
• Create and update terminology archives;
• Arrange the graphic layout of documents (DTP);
• Perform linguistic sign-off (LSO) verification;
• Fill out language quality assurance (LQA) forms.
As a Translator, I am specialised in the following fields:
• Business (Marketing, Human Resources and Finance);
• Technical (Automotive Engineering, Home Appliances and Software);
• Life Sciences (Medical Devices and Pharmaceutical Products).
I also work in other fields (e.g., Social Sciences and Government Affairs).
I also had a brief experience as a Marketing Assistant, having performed the following tasks:
• Wrote, translated and reviewed documents;
• Edited and published articles online;
• Created and managed databases for commercial purposes.
My working languages are European Portuguese, English and Spanish.
• Trados Studio and MultiTerm;
• Wordfast Pro;
• XTM Cloud;
• GTT (Google Translator Toolkit);
• Translation Workspace;
• Smart Cat;
• ABBYY FineReader;
• English (fluent)
CPE – Certificate of Proficiency in English (C2)
• Spanish (good)
DELE – Diploma of Spanish as a Foreign Language (C1) Academic background:
• Bachelor's degree in Translation;
• Postgraduate course in Language Consultancy and Proofreading;
• Master's degree in Strategic Communication.
I am a member of APTRAD, the Portuguese Translator's and Interpreter's Association.
• Listening to music;
Feel free to contact me for more details.
Keywords: project manager, translator, proofreader, terminologist, DTP, Portuguese, English, Spanish, management, HR, IT, software, engineering, automotive, communication, marketing, Trados Studio, memoQ, Translation Workspace XLIFF Editor, Wordfast Pro, Across, XTM Cloud, ABBYY FineReader, Plunet
Profile last updated Jul 27, 2019