Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
Translation - English Article 1. Basic Contract
This basic contract sets forth the basic terms relating to transactions concerning items ordered from the vendor by the client (including products, services, and intangibles. Hereinafter referred to as “items”), and continues to apply to each individual sales contract concluded between the vendor and the client.
Article 2. Conclusion of Individual Contracts
Individual sales of items between the vendor and the client shall occur by way of submission of a request form or similar document by the client, upon which the vendor will supply these items at an agreed price and at an agreed date.
Article 3. Payment for Items
Payment for items shall be made by the specified date, according to invoices issued by the vendor.
Article 4. Delivery
(1) The vendor shall deliver the items at the designated place, at the designated time, accompanied by a delivery slip or similar document.
(2) If it is anticipated that delivery will be delayed, the vendor must inform the client forthwith.
Article 5. Liability for Defects
If there is a defect hidden in any of the items, the vendor shall replace the item or refund the value.
The period of liability for defects shall be 7 days. However, this period may be amended by agreement of the parties depending on the nature of the defect.
Article 6. Burden of Risk
If the item were to be lost, destroyed, damaged, or altered due to the fault of neither party, the vendor shall bear the burden of any loss which occurs prior to delivery, while the client shall bear the burden of any loss that occurs after delivery has occurred.
Article 7. Transfer of the Proprietary Rights of the Items
Proprietary rights for the items shall transfer from the vendor to the client when the client receives the items. Furthermore, if the client requests to return an item due to a defect etc., proprietary rights shift back to the vendor at the point the client makes the request.
Article 8. Acceleration Clause
If any of the following apply to the client, the outstanding amount will become immediately due and payable without any notice given by the vendor.
(1) If payment is delayed.
(2) If the company files a petition for bankruptcy, civil rehabilitation, or corporate reorganization, or is the subject of such a petition.
(3) If the company is the subject of compulsory enforcement, temporary seizure, or an interlocutory injunction.
(4) If a cheque or promissory note is dishonoured, or payment ceases.
(5) If the business permit is revoked or suspended, or similar sanctions are imposed by the regulatory agency.
(6) If financial conditions otherwise worsen, or there is a good reason to believe that they will worsen.
Graduate diploma - University of Tasmania
Years of translation experience: 12. Registered at ProZ.com: Jun 2011. Became a member: Jun 2011.
Having majored in Japanese language studies and law at university, I continued my studies with a Graduate Diploma in Asian Studies, focusing on Japanese law and legal translation.
I have worked as both an in-house and a freelance translator, specializing in contracts and other legal documents. For the past few years, I have been working full-time for H. Okada International Law Offices as a translator and English language drafter, although I'm now keen to expand my client base as a full-time freelance translator.