A down-to-earth experienced, efficient translator/transcriptionist (English/French) who has lived in England for over 25 years and started working as a freelance translator/transcriptionist in 1991. Excellent references from agencies/companies based in UK, France and Germany.
• Translation: substantial experience with topics such as market research, marketing, business/e-business, environment/climate change/green technology, biology, healthcare/science, finance/banking, (some) legal (birth/death/marriage certificates; contracts; human rights law), politics, community & society, government & politics, public relations, retail, food & drink, advertising, public relations, journalism, multimedia, tourism/travel, sports, leisure, instruction manuals, wine.
• Website/software localisation.
• Transcription of audio/video files for Orient Script Worldwide (programmes for ITV1); transcription for RonachanFilms.co.uk (Documentaries such as Dispatches released on Channel 4 and the BBC); transcription for the European Broadcasting Union.
• Proof-reading and editing: Directly involved in the publication of six prestigious books on wine. This involved, amongst other things, research, checking sources, proofreading, editing and liaising with typesetters, printers and customers. Worked in close collaboration with long-established British and American publishers (Weidenfeld & Nicolson (Cassell), Mitchell Beazley, the University of California Press...); Daily preparation of articles and monthly magazine
• Editing and re-writing of online contents.