Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
As an executive trilingual (French English Spanish) personal assistant to financial managers, general managers and chairmen I have had a long experience of office work and decision making in the following sectors:
• Banks ( Crédit Lyonnais and Al Saudi Bank in Paris ),
• Car industry( General Motors France Gennevilliers) and air conditioning industry ( Hellix Myson Paris),
• Industrial real estate ( Bernard Thorpe and Partners, Sheffield, UK) and
• Hotels ( Novotel Paris Bagnolet).
In addition to the usual secretarial work (shorthand and typing) I also
• did some accountancy work ( budgets, balances, ledgers, cash and change)
• handled financial documents such as credit lines, short and long terms loans, back office work, stock options, Exchange, commodities
• as well as legal documents, in both languages.
My enterprising mind led me to manage, or establish, on a volunteer basis, different associations:
• I have been the secretary to Musique et Chant de la Réforme, a national music society based in Paris,
• and the president of three regional associations which I established :
-Marchepied (To help a political refugee find work and settle in France),
-The Municipal Music School of my town
-Samarioso (a singing school).
These last three associations had salaried personnel for whom I was legally responsible. My responsibilities included, amongst others, applying, in the name of these associations, for grants from the Conseil Général and the municipality. I was greatly inspired by my experience in Sheffield, in the 1980s, when I helped establish, materially and administratively speaking, a new branch of the real estate company Bernard Thorpe and Partners based in Leeds.
Being used to doing written and oral translations I applied, in 2000, for the position of sworn translator to the Court of Appeal of Amiens. Since then I have met many people, of different social and national origins and had the experience of translating a wide variety of documents: customs, homicides, drug traffic and smuggling, illegal stays of foreigners, divorces, marriages, decease, testaments, court hearings, police reports, investigating magistrates reports. I have closely worked, and still do, with the gendarmerie, the police, the Prefecture and judges.