As an executive trilingual (French English Spanish) personal assistant to financial managers, general managers and chairmen I have had a long experience of office work and decision making in the following sectors:
• Banks ( Crédit Lyonnais and Al Saudi Bank in Paris ),
• Car industry( General Motors France Gennevilliers) and air conditioning industry ( Hellix Myson Paris),
• Industrial real estate ( Bernard Thorpe and Partners, Sheffield, UK) and
• Hotels ( Novotel Paris Bagnolet).
In addition to the usual secretarial work (shorthand and typing) I also
• did some accountancy work ( budgets, balances, ledgers, cash and change)
• handled financial documents such as credit lines, short and long terms loans, back office work, stock options, Exchange, commodities
• as well as legal documents, in both languages.
My enterprising mind led me to manage, or establish, on a volunteer basis, different associations:
• I have been the secretary to Musique et Chant de la Réforme, a national music society based in Paris,
• and the president of three regional associations which I established :
-Marchepied (To help a political refugee find work and settle in France),
-The Municipal Music School of my town
-Samarioso (a singing school).
These last three associations had salaried personnel for whom I was legally responsible. My responsibilities included, amongst others, applying, in the name of these associations, for grants from the Conseil Général and the municipality. I was greatly inspired by my experience in Sheffield, in the 1980s, when I helped establish, materially and administratively speaking, a new branch of the real estate company Bernard Thorpe and Partners based in Leeds.
Being used to doing written and oral translations I applied, in 2000, for the position of sworn translator to the Court of Appeal of Amiens. Since then I have met many people, of different social and national origins and had the experience of translating a wide variety of documents: customs, homicides, drug traffic and smuggling, illegal stays of foreigners, divorces, marriages, decease, testaments, court hearings, police reports, investigating magistrates reports. I have closely worked, and still do, with the gendarmerie, the police, the Prefecture and judges.