Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
Translation - English Parallel Classes for Autistic Individuals
Wat Sao Thong School, Bang Pla Ma Sub-District, Bang Pla Ma District, Suphanburi Province
Office of the Basic Education Commission, The Ministry of Education, Telephone 035-588003
Developmental Activities for Autistic Students
1. E-Board Classrooms
2. Sensory Classrooms
3. Creative Activities
4. Life Skills Activities
5. Helical Sense Activities
Front Side (Middle Panel - Activities Page)
6. Building a Garden (Agricultural) Activity
7. Supplemental Teaching Activities
8. Herbal Therapy Program
9. Equestrian Therapy Program
10. Group Study
Implementing Parallel Classrooms for the Autistic at Wat Sao Thong School
1. Transportation for autistic students from their Special Education center in School District 5, Suphanburi province
2. Developmental assessment of new students when they join the program
3. Planning and learning preparation, specialized for each student (IEP)
4. Forming a teaching strategy for each individual student (IIP)
5. Creating teaching materials following each student's individualized plan
6. Operational teaching following the established map
7. Monthly progress reports, presented to the school's Special Education department
8. Progressive assessment of students in all areas of learning
9. A summary of each student's development in all areas provided to their parents, the school's Special Education department, and the Special Education center in School District 5, Suphanburi province
Educational Preparations Utilizing the SEAT Framework
S - Student
Autistic students will receive adjustments to undesirable behavior, and learning will be better managed by teaching according to students' individual preferences. All other students will receive instruction and advice on on how best to learn together with autistic classmates.
E - Environment
Each classroom will be prepared in such a way as to provide the fewest limitations and restrictions possible. Also featured will be a variety of 'skills corners' within the school, including those for building understanding and acceptance of students with special needs among teachers, vendors, and janitorial staff. This enables personnel to recognize and correctly give assistance whenever necessary.
A - Activities
Individualized teaching and learning plans will be prepared for each student. Teaching activities will supplement the necessary skill set for each student. Those who are able to participate in traditional classes will be transferred there.
T - Tools
Services will be provided via a voucher system for teaching enhancement, such as a speech improvement service, conducted in partnership with the Special Education center in School District 5, Suphanburi province. Additionally, the production of teaching materials will be undertaken to enhance the development of all students.
Summary of Educational Goals
1. Students will develop and show improvement in physical, mental, emotional, social and intellectual contexts.
2. Students will improve their basic sense and recognition skills.
3. They will show improvement with language and communication abilities.
4. They will also be rehabilitated to the fullest possible extent.
5. Students will improve personal skills relevant to daily life.
6. Students will exercise their intelligence, creativity, and imaginations.
7. They will gain basic abilities with information technology.
8. They will also gain skills vital to later participation in the workforce, and make progress towards a future as functional, productive members of society.
Bachelor's degree - University of Pittsburgh
Years of experience: 11. Registered at ProZ.com: Nov 2011.