Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
David Haglund – Klockar Text & TranslationOverview
Translation and consulting company Klockar Text & Translation was founded by David Haglund in 2012 and offers high-quality translations and related services such as proofreading, editing, localization and consulting. Prior to starting my own company, I worked for 13 years as a translator and project manager for one of the world’s biggest multi-language vendors and CAT tool developers. This experience has given me a good understanding of the business, best practices and translation theory – both from the viewpoint of the translator and the administrator. This unique perspective enables me to avoid some common misunderstandings and strive to establish a good and friction-free working relationship with my clients. Through the years, I have had the privilege of using many different CAT tools; some of them now forgotten, others still going strong. I believe in an old-fashioned work ethic, but that does not stop me from working smart or learning new things when I get a chance.
Language combinations / services
• Native Swedish speaker
• Translation: English–Swedish (normally)
• Translation: Danish, Norwegian–Swedish (occasionally)
• Translation: Swedish–English (occasionally, depends on subject)
• Proofreading & editing: Swedish (normally)
• Proofreading & editing: English (occasionally)
• Language sign-off (final checks)
• DTP sign-off (final check)
• Translation consultant: processes, best practices, rewriting, multi-lingual file management, purchases
Work experience / fields of translation
I have translated for some of the world’s biggest brands. Please note that I have signed a number of non-disclosure agreements through the years, so I am unable to name any specific customers.
• Software – Video games, office software (word processor, spreadsheets etc.), instant messenger services, media players, web browser, printers, firmware, image editing software, financial applications etc.
• Help files – Software help files (using RoboHelp)
• Documentation – Software, printers, computer hardware, household appliances, consumer goods, electronics, tools, end-user agreements, etc.
• Websites – Hotels, software update site, various sites for small companies
• Marketing – Misc. marketing material (STAR and others), brochures (printers, electronics, waste management, opera), magazines (staff magazines, cruise magazines), packaging, catalogues, etc.
• Literature, non-fiction – Articles, columns, cookbook
• Literature, fiction – Comic books
• Familiar with most versions of Windows, basic knowledge of Mac
• Good knowledge of the Office suite and other Microsoft programs
• Basic understanding of HMTL and XML
• Working experience of PageMaker, FrameMaker, InDesign, Photoshop, WordPress, Media Wiki
• Expert knowledge of professional translation tools (STAR Transit, SDL Trados, SDLX, Passolo, Catalyst Localization Studio, Helium etc.)
Hobbies and interests
Music, literature, movies, theatre, cooking and other cultural experiences. I’m very much interested in history, mythology and other cultures. I also enjoy gardening.
Available at request.
Keywords: translation, proofreading, localization, rewriting, language services, adaptation, Swedish, English, computers, software, marketing, general, tourism, technology, documentation, help files, web pages, fiction, translation consultant