Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
I am a freelance translator, interpreter and proofreader looking for work through translation agencies or clients directly.
• I am an accomplished communicator with excellent writing abilities both in Portuguese (native language) and English
• Organized and methodical with good time management, prioritization and planning skills.
• Remarkable computer skills
• Remain calm and focused under pressure and works well within strict deadlines
• Ability to interact effectively with people at all levels using empathy, tact and diplomacy
• Trustworthy, hardworking, conscientious and loyal individual
• Innovative and creative, able to envision and develop fresh ideas and concepts with a unique and original approach
• Friendly, approachable, easy going personality with a positive outlook and can-do attitude
• Flexible and adaptable, able to learn fast and committed to ongoing learning and self development
Summary of Translation, Teaching, Proofreading and other jobs completed
between 2002 and 2012:
• I wrote the article entitled ‘Time to walk the walk and talk the talk’ for the first issue of Pulse Community & Lifestyle Magazine which was published in July 2013. I also contributed with ideas in terms of articles and the actual diagramming of the magazine
• Localization and assessment of language credibility of Telemundo telenovelas for NBCUniversal that were dubbed in Portuguese for a Portuguese speaking audience
• Translation into Portuguese (Brazil) of a UK Marriage Certificate (attentive 'eye' to legal terminology)
• Translation into English and editing of marketing information (i.e., brochures for UK market, website)
• Translation of CVs from Portuguese into English and English into Portuguese in a variety of domains and industries (i.e., luxury fashion retail, engineering, geology, etc.)
• Proofreading of a Master’s dissertation in the field of psychology
• Bespoke translation of scientific publications in the field of dentistry for academic purposes
• Tutoring and teaching English to Brazilian students in London on a one-to-one basis
• Helping members of the Brazilian community in London complete and interpret official and administrative documents (i.e., Home Office visa forms, university applications, etc.)
Number One, English School
Carajás, Pará, Brazil
Teacher July 2002 – December 2003
• Teaching English to pupils using traditional and innovative methods based on visual arts
• Providing assistance to the senior managers of Companhia Vale do Rio Doce on communications and documentation, as well as teaching them English
• Providing hospitality to visitors and corporate clients of Companhia Vale do Rio Doce
• I received consistent training during my work there, and feedback regarding my performance was highly positive.
Wisdom, English School
Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil
Teacher January 2002 – July 2002
• First experience working as an English teacher teaching pre-teens and adults
• Training provided enabled me to understand their methodology and apply it consistently to my work in the classroom
• Also received very positive feedback from the school’s owners
This user has earned KudoZ points by helping other translators with PRO-level terms. Click point total(s) to see term translations provided.