I am an experienced French to English translator based in Greater Manchester, UK.
A native English speaker from the west coast of Canada, I lived and worked in Paris for 11 years before moving to the UK. I have also studied in the United States. My international experience means I can translate from two French variants (France and Canada) into three English variants (UK, US and Canada).
My clients appreciate my understanding of regional differences, cultural nuances and love of research. I also have experience of working with a wide array of French professionals, from sectors as varied as luxury cosmetics and hotels to independent cheese sellers.
BA (Honours) Degree in English Literature from The University of Victoria, Canada
MA in Theory and Criticism from The University of Western Ontario, Canada
BULATS C1 Advanced (French) from the British Council
Legal: contracts, property law documents, confidentiality agreements, Terms and Conditions, software license agreements, network service agreements
Marketing and communications: websites, product brochures, product support manuals, social media, emails, texts, blogs, mission statements, annual reports and case studies
Architecture: proposals and tender documents, technical specifications, marketing
Training: video scripts and subtitles, podcasts, webinar slides, course outlines and syllabi, workbooks, exams and assessments
Creative: literary press kits, permanent collection guides for museums, video game scripts
Hotels (budget to luxury), restaurants, tourist boards, museums, media research companies, hospitals, pharmaceutical companies, medical professionals, academic researchers, law firms, telecommunications, construction, heavy industry and manufacturing
Trados, memoQ, Microsoft Office and Office 365, Adobe Creative Cloud (beginner) , SmartSheet (project management), Campaign Monitor (marketing and communications), Agresso (invoicing software) , Umbraco CMS (website publishing)
· French to English (UK) website and print materials for garage door, fencing and security shutter manufacturer in the south of France
· Back-translation from French (Canada) into English (US) for clinical trials on insomnia, including banner ads, pre-screener questionnaire, direct mail, emails, keyword search ads, landing page, print ads, social media
· French (Canada) to English (US) subtitle translation for 60-minute Webinar on Multiple Myeloma
· Permanent Collections Guide for musée du quai Branly, Paris
· Technical specifications for new signalling system of the RATP (Paris métro)
· Wrote “Méthode de WC pour se débrouiller en anglais,” a bilingual book for French beginners published by Editions First in 2015
For reasons of confidentiality, I cannot always provide references from my clients. I welcome virtual meetings and short translation tests to assess my suitability as a new collaborator.
Offering clients the best price is important to me. My standard rates as listed are open to negotiation for large volumes of work and loyal clients who offer ongoing collaboration.
Words from happy clients
“A pleasure to work with – very punctual and communicative and professional.”
“I was very happy with Andrea’s translations and our reviewer in particular was enthusiastic.”
“Thank you very much for your hard work! You were very good with all the weird tags and formatting that always cause issues with this project.”
“Everything was perfect. Top service, thanks!”