I started as a part time translator during my last year at University. In the first 3 years of my career, I combined my translation work as a freelancer with the project manager duties at some of the big names in the translation industry. This allowed me to have a better understanding of the industry and made me a full time dedicated translator.
Education & Qualifications
2012-Present Medical-Pharmaceutical translation course at Estudios Sampere (Madrid, Spain)
2005-2009 BA Honours (2:1) Translation, Roehampton University (London, UK)
2007-2008 Exchange student at ISIT, (Paris, France)
2004-2005 University of Granada, first year in Translation and Interpreting (Granada, Spain)
2002-2004 A Levels with Distinction Hons: Instituto Santa Catalina de Alejandría, (Jaén, Spain)
1998-2002 GCSEs: Monseñor Miguel Castillejo, (Jaén, Spain)
1992-1998 Primary School: Vera-Cruz, (Jaén, Spain)
I offer a wide range of services that include:
• Aligning parallel texts to update and build TMs with WinAlign
• Transcriptions (Recordings of focus groups, in-depth f2f or telephone interviews
• QA of ‘live’ survey links
• Overlay of html and inx surveys and other documents with Trados (+CAT tools)
• Translation & localisation (Surveys, verbatims, DGs, presentations, etc.)
• Open ended responses translations
• Translation of general texts, literature, press releases and specially on:
• Market Research:
Online, Phone and Face-to-Face Surveys and Questionnaires, and related Answers for gaming and pharmaceutical clients mainly.
I regularly translate clinical trial protocols, informed consent forms, and related documents. I have worked on medical surveys, patient information leaflets and clinical trial protocols.
Translation of web pages, brochures, dossiers for a wide range of different industries.