Fully qualified conference and community interpreter enhanced CRB checked. Native in Italian, fluent in English and Spanish.
According to AIIC language classification:
A Language: ITALIAN
B Language: ENGLISH
C Language: SPANISH
05/2014 – Present: Freelance interpreter and translator. Community interpreter (IT,ES<>EN) in various courts and healthcare settings. Generalist and marketing translator.
01/2014 – 05/2014: Interpreting Service Intern
Language Connect, London
- Managed relations over the phone between freelance interpreters and NHS Trusts ensuring coverage of about one thousand bookings per month and increased the number of assignments covered.
- Day-to-day office activities.
- Recruitment of new freelance interpreters.
- Interpreter in hospitals.
08/2013; 08/2011: Conference Interpreter
Ecumenical Centre Agape (Prali, IT)
- Translating and interpreting during two weeks of political and theological conferences.
- Main topics: eco-sustainability, role of religion in modern times, new types of religion, Maya Indigenous people’s beliefs and way of life.
07/2012 – 10/2012: Translation Intern
Al Sur Traducciones S.L. (La Zubia, Spain)
- Translations of legal documents, brochures and websites.
- CAT tools: Trados, Wordfast.
10/2011; 10/2010: Translator
APCLAI - Association for Promoting Latin-American Culture in Italy (Trieste, IT) http://www.culturalatina.it
(Latin-American Film Festival in Trieste, IT)
- Translation of scripts, subtitling and voice-over during the projections of the films.
- IT: Subtitle Workshop.
02/2009 – 05/2010: Italo-American Association (Trieste, IT)
- Front desk and translations.
- Account management, admin work and database.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
10/2010 – 03/2013: University of Trieste (IT)
MA of Conference Interpreting (2 years)
- Language combination: Italian (A), English (B) and Spanish (C).
- Thesis: The role of zingers in 2012 US Presidential Debates.
10/2007 – 03/2011: University of Trieste (IT)
BA of Interpretation and Translation
- Languages: Italian, English, Spanish and Chinese (Mandarin).
- Main modules: translation, liaison interpreting.
- Final dissertation: An example of technical translation: the Instruction for the Installation of an Underground Sprinkler System.
10/2013 – 01/2014: Beijing Language and Culture University (Beijing, PRC)
- Mandarin Intensive Course: 30 hours per week of face-to-face classes, final exam.
03/2013: European Parliament (Strasbourg, FR)
Model of the European Union
BETA – Bringing Europeans Together Association
- Conference interpreting during the simulation of the legislative process of the EU.
09/2009 – 01/2010: University of Hull (UK)
Erasmus Exchange Programme
Computer skills: Windows + Mac, ECDL.
Other directories: TranslatorsCafè.com
CAT tools: OmegaT