Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
English to Italian (Scuola Superiore di Lingue Moderne per Interpreti e Traduttori) Spanish to Italian (Scuola Superiore di Lingue Moderne per Interpreti e Traduttori) Italian to English (Scuola Superiore di Lingue Moderne per Interpreti e Traduttori)
ITI - London Regional Group
Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office Pro, Microsoft Word, OmegaT, Powerpoint, SDL TRADOS, Wordfast
Fully qualified conference and community interpreter enhanced CRB checked. Native in Italian, fluent in English and Spanish.
According to AIIC language classification:
A Language: ITALIAN
B Language: ENGLISH
C Language: SPANISH
05/2014 – Present: Freelance interpreter and translator. Community interpreter (IT,ES<>EN) in various courts and healthcare settings. Generalist and marketing translator.
01/2014 – 05/2014: Interpreting Service Intern
Language Connect, London
- Managed relations over the phone between freelance interpreters and NHS Trusts ensuring coverage of about one thousand bookings per month and increased the number of assignments covered.
- Day-to-day office activities.
- Recruitment of new freelance interpreters.
- Interpreter in hospitals.
08/2013; 08/2011: Conference Interpreter
Ecumenical Centre Agape (Prali, IT)
- Translating and interpreting during two weeks of political and theological conferences.
- Main topics: eco-sustainability, role of religion in modern times, new types of religion, Maya Indigenous people’s beliefs and way of life.
07/2012 – 10/2012: Translation Intern
Al Sur Traducciones S.L. (La Zubia, Spain)
- Translations of legal documents, brochures and websites.
- CAT tools: Trados, Wordfast.
10/2011; 10/2010: Translator
APCLAI - Association for Promoting Latin-American Culture in Italy (Trieste, IT) http://www.culturalatina.it
(Latin-American Film Festival in Trieste, IT)
- Translation of scripts, subtitling and voice-over during the projections of the films.
- IT: Subtitle Workshop.
02/2009 – 05/2010: Italo-American Association (Trieste, IT)
- Front desk and translations.
- Account management, admin work and database.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
10/2010 – 03/2013: University of Trieste (IT)
MA of Conference Interpreting (2 years)
- Language combination: Italian (A), English (B) and Spanish (C).
- Thesis: The role of zingers in 2012 US Presidential Debates.
10/2007 – 03/2011: University of Trieste (IT)
BA of Interpretation and Translation
- Languages: Italian, English, Spanish and Chinese (Mandarin).
- Main modules: translation, liaison interpreting.
- Final dissertation: An example of technical translation: the Instruction for the Installation of an Underground Sprinkler System.
10/2013 – 01/2014: Beijing Language and Culture University (Beijing, PRC)
- Mandarin Intensive Course: 30 hours per week of face-to-face classes, final exam.
03/2013: European Parliament (Strasbourg, FR)
Model of the European Union
BETA – Bringing Europeans Together Association
- Conference interpreting during the simulation of the legislative process of the EU.
09/2009 – 01/2010: University of Hull (UK)
Erasmus Exchange Programme
Computer skills: Windows + Mac, ECDL.
Other directories: TranslatorsCafè.com
CAT tools: OmegaT
Keywords: Italian, English, Spanish, Conference Interpreting, Public Service Interpreting, DBS cleared, Medical terminology