I am a German national who has lived and worked in the U.S.A. for 12 years, thus acquiring profound business experience in international settings while working for U.S. subsidiaries of German companies.
Working for companies in the medical industry I discovered my passion for medicine as well as for alternative and complementary medicine. I have acquired sound knowledge in a range of medical areas through autodidactic learning and have been translating German-English medical reports since September 2013.
I keep current with the English language by reading international publications and speaking with family, friends and business contacts in Germany and overseas.
My work experience includes:
* 7 years as Manager/Director of Administration for a manufacturer of medical devices in the Chicago area
* 1 ½ years as Executive Assistant for a manufacturer of medical devices in Germany
* 11 years as Executive Assistant/HR Generalist for the German subsidiary of a U.S.-based manufacturer of dental implants; the European headquarters based in Barcelona, Spain.
My educational background includes a qualification as a certified foreign language correspondent.
I offer the following translation services:
English to German
* Business/Commerce (general business correspondence, business reports, presentations, manuals, operating procedures, etc.)
* Human Resources (policies, procedures, employment agreements, job descriptions, etc.)
* Accounting (company balance sheets, annual reports, general financial correspondence, etc.)
* Sports, fitness and nutrition (exercise machine instructions, exercises, sports nutrition, etc.)
German to English
* Medical records and documents (medical histories, discharge summaries, physical examination reports, consultation reports, etc.)