Translation, Interpreting, Editing/proofreading, Voiceover (dubbing), Training
Poetry & Literature
Medical: Health Care
Textiles / Clothing / Fashion
Tourism & Travel
Payment methods accepted
Sample translations submitted: 1
English to Spanish: «Cheap Trick» at the Louvre General field: Art/Literary Detailed field: Art, Arts & Crafts, Painting
Source text - English On the night of December 15-16, the gem-encrusted sword of Charles X was stolen from the Louvre’s Galerie d’Apollon. The three thieves took flight after attacking and wounding two guards. A week later, television producer Jacques Rouland, commissioned by the weekly picture magazine Paris-Match, took a stroll through the museum with a facsimile of the ceremonial sword. Photographs published later in Match implied that the imperturbable guards paid no attention whatsoever to the unusual sight and allowed Rouland to carry out his 'joke' to the end.
CGT trade-union representatives for the Louvre guards complained early this month about a «tactic which tends to put French museums worst-paid employees in the wrong by means of a cheap trick». They noted that Rouland was told to stay out of the museum when he emerged from his car in the parking lot. The day after the theft, the CGT representatives had already condemned inadequate staffing and training — a result of the lack of any official classification for trained watchmen. They stressed that sophisticated security measures are no substitutes for guards.
Translation - Spanish La noche entre el 15 y 16 de diciembre, la espalda incrustada con gemas de Charles X fue robado de la galería “d’Apollon” en la Louvre. Los tres ladrones escaparon después de atacar y herir dos guardas del museo. Una semana después, el productor de televisión ‘Jacques Rouland’, contratado por la revista semanal ‘Paris Match’, dio un paseo por el museo con un duplicado de la espalda ceremonial. La fotografías que fueron publicados después en ‘Match’ construí una imagen mala que las guardas imperturbables no prestaron atención, de ninguna manera, a la vista rara y dejaron Rouland parodiar a la situación.
Los representantes del sindicato del impuesto sobre las ganancias de bienes de capital del que representan las guardas de la Louvre, se quejaron anteriormente en el mes, porque les/los engañan los trabajadores menos pagados con una táctica deshonesta. Notaron que Rouland fue prohibido de entrar en el museo cuando salió de su coche en el estacionamiento. El día después del robo, los representantes ya habían destacaron la falta de empleados y entrenamiento – la resulta de la falta de vigilantes calificados de una clasificación oficial. Enfatizaron que las medidas sofisticadas de seguridad no representan un substituto para guardas.
Bachelor's degree - Newcastle University
Years of translation experience: 5. Registered at ProZ.com: Apr 2014.
English to Spanish (University of Newcastle) Spanish to English (University of Newcastle)
MemoQ, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Powerpoint
CV available upon request
Find me on LinkedIn:
University of Newcastle-upon-Tyne :
Modern Languages, French, Spanish and Portuguese, 2:1 (2012 – 2016)
Won the ‘Student-Staff Committee Secretary of the Year award 2016’
• Analysing and constructing translation from English to the three target languages.
• Deconstructing current words and discovering how and where they came from with reference to linguistics.
• Applying an in depth knowledge of language / country specific cultures to translation, oral and interpretation tasks.
A level of focus on Translation and Interpreting in my final year in all three languages achieving a high 2:1.
Activities and Societies:
• Chosen to meet the Portuguese Ambassador – Joao de Vallera in London June 2014.
• Newcastle Women’s Rugby Team – Media Rep 2013 & Secretary 2013 -14. Three training sessions a week.
• Staff- Student Committee Secretary & Fourth Year Rep for Portuguese 2015 responsible for organisation of the meetings, the educational platform – Blackboard and taking the minutes.
• Achieved the NCL+ award through 70 hours of volunteering and a group project with Nissan.
Amauta Language School - Peru
(2015 – 2015)
• I took 6 hours a day of classes. 4 hours of grammar work in groups and 2 hours of individual classes. I learnt a lot about Peruvian culture and the colloquial phrases they use daily
• Achieved a high mark of 85% in my final exam which included grammar exercises and a prose.
ISIT Universite - Paris
Translation & Interpretation (General and Specialised), French to English & English to French. General and specialised translation., 2:1
2014 – 2014
One Semester - 3 Months.
• Studied general and specific translation from French to English and vice versa with qualified translators. I really enjoyed this time and it has really given me inspiration for what I want to do in the future. It was quite challenging but I believe that it has immensely improved my range of vocabulary with topics such as the GDP and fiscal crisis.
• Used a high register and localisation with the Parisian target clients.
• Prioritising the translations with shorter deadlines and specialist vocabulary improved my time management and preparation skills under time constraints.
Currently, working as an Freelance Interpreter for a company in the North East of England working with clients such as the NHS, Northumbria Police and the Northumbrian Council.