Born and educated in The Netherlands, I have lived in the US for 20 years.
My husband and I relocated to New York out of pure curiosity, and filled with longing for new adventures. We quickly found work, he as a graphic designer and I as a business consultant. Today, we are fortunate to live and work in beautiful Santa Fe, New Mexico.
In Holland, I always worked in bilingual work environments, first at the Netherlands Board of Tourism and later as the EU Manager of a Japanese consultancy.
Since moving to the US I have worked for many years as an international business consultant for American and foreign companies. Translating from Dutch to English (and vice versa) and serving as an interpreter, has been an almost daily occurrence during my professional career.
In 2005, my husband and I launched a company that designs and manufactures specialty gift products, selling them both wholesale and retail. We worked with European designers to develop their US market, and we produced our own products in Asia. Global communication in the fields of design, manufacturing, logistics, and wholesale/retail marketing was conducted in Dutch and English. In my capacity as Managing Director, I regularly translated promotional texts from Dutch into English.
Specialties and interests:
• Business, marketing, PR, brand development, business contracts
• Fully familiar with American and Dutch business language and culture
• Strong experience writing and translating business plans, promotional materials, and press releases
• Intimate knowledge of American wholesale and retail markets
• Great affinity for the arts and design (regularly collaborating with my graphic designer partner)
• Love of language and literature
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Economics
• Software: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• CAT tool: XTM