I am a German/English double native speaker and freelance translator. I hold a Master's degree in Biodiversity, Ecology and Evolution at Freie Universität Berlin.
My primary and secondary education has been entirely bilingual and I have lived abroad at length in England and Greece. I have studied and worked in English, German and Greek and am familiar with subject-related terminology in all 3 languages.
I have 7+ years of translation and proofreading experience, including
- Proofreading/translation of various texts for German science-policy interface for biodiversity research (NeFo)
- Proofreading, translation and post-editing of scientific papers, medical/pharmaceutical reports and academic theses
- Translation of daily press releases for large international companies/warehouses
- Long-term collaboration with tourism websites & translation agencies
- CAT experience
- fast, versatile & reliable with attention to detail
Areas of expertise:
Marine & freshwater biology, general biology, natural sciences, taxonomy, zoology, botany, micro- & molecular biology, neurobiology, ecology, political sciences, environmental resource management, environmental sciences, taxonomy, ecology, science-policy, biodiversity, ecosystem services, tourism, travel & leisure, archaeology, history, citizen science, environmental resource management, sustainability, legal texts, finance & marketing, medical papers