Member since Dec '15
Portuguese to EnglishEnglish to PortugueseTetum to PortuguesePortuguese to TetumTetum to English
| Sofia Calado |
Portuguese Legal Translator
Lisbon, Lisboa, Portugal
Local time: 17:22 WET (GMT+0)
| || |
clients and colleagues
on Willingness to Work Again
|1 positive entry|
| Freelancer and outsourcer, Verified member |
| This person has a SecurePRO™ card. Because this person is not a ProZ.com Plus subscriber, to view his or her SecurePRO™ card you must be a ProZ.com Business member or Plus subscriber. |
|Translation, Interpreting, Editing/proofreading, Website localization, MT post-editing, Transcription, Training|
|Government / Politics||International Org/Dev/Coop|
|Law: Contract(s)||Law: Patents, Trademarks, Copyright|
|Law (general)||Real Estate|
|Law: Taxation & Customs||Journalism|
| USD |
| 1 entry|
Access to Blue Board comments is restricted for non-members. Click the outsourcer name to view the Blue Board record and see options for gaining access to this information.
|Check, Wire transfer, PayPal|
| <3 employees |
|Euro (eur), U. S. dollars (usd)|
|Sample translations submitted: 1 |
|Portuguese to English: Contrato de Mediação Imobiliária/Real Estate Agency Agreement|
General field: Law/Patents
Detailed field: Law: Contract(s)
|Source text - Portuguese|
1. Caso seja celebrado um contrato de compra e venda, o Proprietário obriga-se a pagar à Mediadora uma retribuição no valor de 4% (quatro por cento) do valor da venda do Imóvel. Ao valor da retribuição será acrescido o IVA à taxa legal em vigor.
2. O Proprietário pagará à Mediadora pelo menos 30% (trinta por cento) do montante devido, após a celebração do contrato promessa de compra e venda, sendo o restante pago após a outorga da escritura pública de compra e venda do Imóvel.
3. Os pagamentos referidos no número anterior terão lugar imediatamente após a confirmação de recepção dos montantes respectivos, por parte do Proprietário.
4. Caso seja celebrado um contrato de arrendamento, o Proprietário obriga-se a pagar à Mediadora uma retribuição no valor de 1 (um) mês de renda. Ao valor da retribuição será acrescido o IVA à taxa legal em vigor.
5. O Proprietário pode recusar toda e qualquer oferta, não estando obrigado a aceitar as ofertas propostas e a não ter que pagar, por elas, qualquer retribuição à Mediadora.
|Translation - English|
1. If a contract of sale is executed, the Landowner shall pay to the Real Estate Agent a compensation of 4% (four per cent) of the Property selling price, plus VAT at the applicable rate.
2. The Landowner shall pay to the Real Estate Agent at least 30% (thirty per cent) of the amount due after the execution of the preliminary contract of sale; the balance shall be paid after the execution of the public deed concerning the sale of the Property.
3. The abovementioned payments shall take place immediately after the acknowledgement of receipt of the concerning amounts by the Landowner.
4. If a lease contract is executed, the Landowner shall pay to the Real Estate Agent a compensation equal to 1 (one) month of rent, plus VAT at the applicable rate.
5. The Landowner may refuse any offer, without having to accept the proposed offers or to pay any compensation because of them to the Real Estate Agent.
| Offers job opportunities for freelancers |
|Master's degree - Faculty of Law, Nova University of Lisbon (Portugal)|
|Years of translation experience: 2. Registered at ProZ.com: Apr 2015. Became a member: Dec 2015.|
|English (Cambridge University (ESOL Examinations), verified)|
|Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office Pro, Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Wordfast|
|CV available upon request|
| Buzzword Unipessoal Lda. endorses ProZ.com's Professional Guidelines (v1.1). |
Lawyer-linguist with 12 years of professional experience. Multicultural person, after living in Asia for almost 10 years, having supported the legal strengthening process of an emerging country (Timor-Leste).
Able to build lasting professional relationships, with a true global network of contacts in different areas of expertise. Always willing to learn and teach, with a Masters in Law, a PG in Journalism and specialised training in Translation/Interpretation.
In December 2014, I launched my own translations company - Buzzword. Buzzword is a company incorporated in Timor-Leste, whose main core of business is translating for legal, international development and governance sectors.
We provide translation and interpretation services in Portuguese, Tetum, English and Bahasa Indonesia. Other language pairs also available.
Between June-December 2016, we have translated more than 150.000 words in the language pair EN > TET, more than 60.000 words in the language pair PT > EN and more than 25.000 words in the language pair EN > PT.
Among other clients, we have worked with the Prime Minister's Office, Central Bank, Press Council, UN agencies, IFC, IOM, European Union, Instituto Camões, US Embassy, IFES, Oxfam, Care International, Peace Corps, among others. We also provided translations for UK and US-based translation agencies.
Some work samples:
- Legal drafts;
- Contracts and agreements;
- Articles of association;
- Reports and papers;
- Action policies;
- Financial statements;
- Press releases;
- Advertisements and ToR's;
Some work topics:
- Trade and investment;
- Budget and financial management;
- Institutional strengthening;
- Performance management;
- Capacity development;
- Voting systems;
- Previous education;
- Social entrepreneurship;
- Women empowerment;
- Journalists' rights and duties;
Keywords: law, legal, international development, governance, Portuguese, English, Tetum, Spanish, Italian, French, Dutch, German, Russian, Arabic, Mandarin, Cantonese, Indonesian
Profile last updated