Short version (for those of you who are in a rush) :
Sports, Video/Card games, EN/ES->DE, memoQ, translation + review + MT post-editing,
available during the evenings and weekend.
Extended version (for those of you who, like me, are passionate about their job as a project/vendor manager) :
Do you look for a real sports and gaming expert?
Do you look for somebody who knows exactly what you expect of your translators?
As a full-time project manager, I perfectly know what translation agencies and end clients expect from a translator:
- rates that are competitive
In addition to this, I offer only translations and reviews/editing in fields I'm perfectly familiar with through my hobbies and professional experience:
- video games
- card games
- health care (depending on the source text)
I'm available for translations, bilingual reviews/proofreading and MT post-editing in these fields.
Please contact me for additional services such as formatting, alignments, terminoloy work etc.
Let me state that my bosses explicitly allow me to do freelance work - however, I take my job seriously (and so I'll do all my freelance jobs), which is why I'll be available on weekdays only during the evening and on weekends.
My relevant software knowledge includes:
- excellent command of MS Office
- very good formatting skills
- excellent command of memoQ
- basic HTML knowledge
My professional experience:
- B.A. in Translation Studies (including linguistic and literature studies, Spanish and English)
- Translation of a book on soccer from English into German during my studies (unfortunately, the book was never published)
- Translation of various articles for www.pokerstrategy.com from English and Spanish into German
- full-time Project Manager for 4 years for translation agencies in the health care sector, managing multilingual translation projects, developing project management and QA processes, performing QA checks daily (explaining everything a Project Manager does would really break the mould here)
- English + Spanisch -> German
All rates are negotiable depending on the source text and project volume + timeline.
Is there any information you'd like to have?
You are interested in adding me to your translator pool or have a project in the fields above at hand?
Please feel free to contact me, I'm looking forward to hearing from you!