My name is Joshua and currently I am running a small translation company in China. Our strengths are general engineering and manufacturing industry related translation job.
Something about myself:
1. Graduated from a top-10 university in China, majored in mechanical engineering, and was awarded a bachelor degree.
2. Studied at Cape Peninsula University of Technology, South Africa, majored in engineering and was awarded a Masters’ degree.
3. Studied at Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand, majored in Computer Science and Information Technology and was awarded a Masters’ degree.
4. Became a New Zealand citizen, and worked in NZ as a CAD/CAM engineer for seven years.
5. Worked in Australia as a mechanical engineer for one and half a year.
6. Came back to China and founded Page Translation (Dongguan) Company.
The reason why I came back to China and founded a translation company:
China is the world’s manufacturing center and Dongguan city is China’s manufacturing center. Dongguan has the world-class manufacturing supplier-chain and huge manufacturing capability, the hardware in Dongguan is much better than other Asia countries. But it is as rare as hen’s teeth to find someone who understands English and Engineering very well.
During my previous working time in overseas, I had to deal with many Chinese-English translated engineering documentation sent by Chinese suppliers. But some translated documentation is very hard to be understood, because the local Chinese translators don’t know what general engineering English is.
After saw this occurred many times, I decided to open a professional translation company in China, in hope to bridge the gaps between the manufacturing industries in China and other English countries. I resigned from my stable and well-paid full time job in Sydney and started my translation business in China.
So far we have already served many manufacturing companies; most of them are big companies in industry sector. The customers are absolutely satisfied with our translation quality and our clients are growing.
Software we use:
Trados 2014 professional