HANAGATA, Yasuteru (Mr.)
Musashino-city, Tokyo, Japan (GMT+9). Postal Code - 1800023
English -> Japanese (mainly), vice versa
1) The EIKEN Test in Practical English Proficiency – Quasi-first grade
(This test, the most popular among English learners in Japan, is conducted by Eiken Foundation of Japan.)
2) Volunteer Interpreter test – B grade
(This test had been conducted by Japan Interpreters' Association, which was shut down in 2008)
3) ONE HOUR TRANSLATION (ISO9001:2008 Certified) Certified Translator #2554293
Domain: 1) Owner's (Use's) manual
2)IT, hard/software, automobile and general matters
Please ask (per source word)
I set the "minimum charge" at USD 10 for my services including translation and proofreading. This does not apply to clients with who I collaborate for a long-period of time, etc.
Daily output (average) :
Somewhere between 1,200 and 2,500 words, depending on the content or on the situation at the time (whether I have another project or not).
CAT tool owned: Trados Studio 2014
(just updated a few month ago from an older version! ... again soon to be update to 2015)
1) http://ameblo.jp/tenoriebi3-2/ (On the upper part, you can find the two links, where you could have your reviewer(s) accessing the translation and English skills in advance). 2) http://tenoriebi3.translatorscafe.com/
(Alternative page on my info - lets you know about more detailed, up-to-date info)
Previous career overview:
1) Engaged in international trading for two years; merchandises handled: from small mechanical parts to massive generators
2) Worked as Japanese and English technical writer/editor/coordinator for three years with a company contracted with Japanese audio device giants
3) Just ended working as an on-site translator/editor for a company affiliated with Japanese automotive giants, which means that I am back as a freelance translator working at home
; the company is now just one of my clients.
I have been working as a freelance translator for about 20 years, currently dealing with translation agencies/other organizations worldwide.