Across, Adobe Acrobat, Alchemy Publisher, Catalyst, DejaVu, IBM CAT tool, Idiom, MateCat, MemoQ, MemSource Cloud, MetaTexis, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Passolo, SDL TRADOS, SDLX, STAR Transit, Wordbee, Wordfast, XTM
A highly motivated and adaptable Turkish native with a passion for languages and communication, I translate/review/proofread/manage translation and/or localization projects effectively and always maintain excellence in every aspect of the translation process for a seamless delivery of the translated text.
Translating has always been my true passion since my university years. I started off as a semi-pro freelancer working on academic texts and continued translating during my whole career as I excelled at retail, import/export, IT/computer (hardware, software and networking, etc.) industries before I ended up as the Team Lead/Chief Editor/Production Department Manager for two reputable translation and localization companies in Turkey where I led teams of 20 to 30 people including 12 to 15 linguists, 4 to 6 project managers, 3 to 5 DTP specialists and 2-3 Quality Assurance specialists as well as hundreds of freelance translators to provide the leading MLVs from all around the world with top-notch quality.
I have good knowledge of all aspects of translation process from project creation/management to quality assurance checks.
During my time as the Production Department Manager, my responsibilities included:
• Translating/editing/reviewing/proofreading the test pieces assigned to the company I worked for in my language pair (my test translations never got rejected except for the two cases for which I do not regret not getting the project)
• Coordinating multiple projects with tight deadlines simultaneously
• Liaising between internal departments, clients and third party vendors all over the World
• Developing dynamic workflow and cross-departmental/cross-office procedures
• Applying hands-on creative problem-solving to ensure completion of projects
• Creating and maintaining internal procedural/coordination/training guidelines
• Supervising and mentoring both junior and senior members of staff
• Providing formal and ongoing training and feedback
• Writing and giving performance reviews
• Interviewing, testing and selecting candidates for open positions
• Holding and leading production meetings and giving presentations
Keywords: turkish, law, business, economics, retail, training, technical, medical devices