Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
Across, Adobe Acrobat, Alchemy Publisher, Catalyst, DejaVu, IBM CAT tool, Idiom, MateCat, memoQ, MemSource Cloud, MetaTexis, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Passolo, SDL TRADOS, SDLX, STAR Transit, Wordbee, Wordfast, XTM
A highly motivated and adaptable Turkish native with a passion for languages and communication, I translate/review/proofread/manage translation and/or localization projects effectively and always maintain excellence in every aspect of the translation process for a seamless delivery of the translated text.
Translating has always been my true passion since my university years. I started off as a semi-pro freelancer working on academic texts and continued translating during my whole career as I excelled at retail, import/export, IT/computer (hardware, software and networking, etc.) industries before I ended up as the Team Lead/Chief Editor/Production Department Manager for two reputable translation and localization companies in Turkey where I led teams of 20 to 30 people including 12 to 15 linguists, 4 to 6 project managers, 3 to 5 DTP specialists and 2-3 Quality Assurance specialists as well as hundreds of freelance translators to provide the leading MLVs from all around the world with top-notch quality.
I have good knowledge of all aspects of translation process from project creation/management to quality assurance checks.
During my time as the Production Department Manager, my responsibilities included:
• Translating/editing/reviewing/proofreading the test pieces assigned to the company I worked for in my language pair (my test translations never got rejected except for the two cases for which I do not regret not getting the project)
• Coordinating multiple projects with tight deadlines simultaneously
• Liaising between internal departments, clients and third party vendors all over the World
• Developing dynamic workflow and cross-departmental/cross-office procedures
• Applying hands-on creative problem-solving to ensure completion of projects
• Creating and maintaining internal procedural/coordination/training guidelines
• Supervising and mentoring both junior and senior members of staff
• Providing formal and ongoing training and feedback
• Writing and giving performance reviews
• Interviewing, testing and selecting candidates for open positions
• Holding and leading production meetings and giving presentations
Keywords: turkish, law, business, economics, retail, training, technical, medical devices