Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
English to Turkish (American Culture and Literature, Bachelor's Degree)
Across, Catalyst, Idiom, memoQ, MemSource Cloud, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, SDL TRADOS
Hello everybody! Here are some other details you may want to know about me:
I learnt English at the age of 12 and had some of my main course education in English from age 12 till 22. As a Bachelor Degree holder of the American Culture and Literature department of Istanbul University; the courses I studied at the university include: Translation theories and techniques, linguistics, composition, stylistics, text analysis techniques, American & English poetry/theater/history/novel, mythology, etc. My entire 4-year-long university education was in English only.
I'm also a notary approved sworn translator in my native country. I worked as a project manager, in-house full time translator and vendor manager in the translation & localization industry previously. I know the specific business needs of different regions & cultures.
I have completed many verbal/written translation projects in marketing, automotive, literature, fine arts, information technologies, medicine & health, technical, legal, business, tourism & travel, training, health and safety, computer and online games, communication, psychology, commerce, personal development, etc. fields for both local and internationally known companies/brands (from U.S. and Europe) as detailed below;
• IT translations of over 400,000 words including NAS servers, networking, online and computer games, software, apps, system, web sites, user interfaces, etc.
• Translation of system explanations and operating manuals of technical devices from various industries including automotive, installments, electrical and power tools, etc. over 500,000 words
• Translation of SOPs, SPIs, and cGMP documents/guidelines/books, pharmaceutical processes, ICH and WHO guidelines, assays, booklets, medical research articles, medical device user guides, over 600,000 words
• Health & Safety related subjects such as policies, regulations, risk assessments, method statements and safe systems of work, over 200,000 words
• E-learning and online courses
• Translation of fine art books, literature texts, literary and non-literary texts for academic institutions and journals from English into Turkish
• Transcription jobs of audio texts from English to Turkish
• Strictly adhere to deadlines, quality translation services provided include TEP (translation + editing + proofreading); client instructions and project/field specific terminology are always followed carefully
• Understand/Identify the needs and expectations of the customers and define the criteria for meeting these
Hoping to work with you soon!
Keywords: turkish, english, native, translator, translation, linguist, localization, software, technical, interpreter, proofreading, editing, consecutive, music, literature, fine arts, pharmaceuticals, medical, healthcare, cars, engines, power tools, manuals, human resources, agreement, cosmetics, articles, social sciences, researches, documents