Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
English to Danish (International English Language Testing System)
memoQ, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, CSS, HTML, SDL TRADOS
CV available upon request
I am a confident and talented freelance translator and writer with 5 years’ experience with literature, languages and writing, currently in the beginning of my career as a freelance translator. This autumn, I completed a Master’s degree in English literature, during which I completed a course in literary translation. I am passionate about languages, writing and reading and possess a keen awareness of cultural differences and subtleties of meaning in languages as well as an ability to deliver well written texts with equal attention to the source text and the target language reader. I grew up and studied in Denmark but am currently living and doing part-time doctoral research in Scotland. I am reliable, honest and productive.
• Native Danish speaker and fully fluent in English (overall band score of 8.5 in IELTS academic test in 2015).
• Full understanding of Swedish and Norwegian, good understanding of Spanish and German, basic understanding of French.
• Attentive to the finer cultural, linguistic and semantic details of languages.
• Many years’ experience in producing well written texts.
• Able to meet tight deadlines and to prioritise work.
• Highly IT literate and willing to learn new software.