English to Korean - Rates: 0.04 - 0.07 USD per word / 15 - 25 USD per hour
Sample translations submitted: 1
English to Korean: Mindfulness-based cognitive therapy for patients with medically unexplained symptoms General field: Social Sciences Detailed field: Psychology
Source text - English With the newly gained insights six out of twelve participants were able to let go of old patterns. For example, P5 noticed being able to observe worries and let them go, instead of identifying with them and slipping into rumination.
It happens to be there, that in itself is not a problem. It all depends on how you deal with it. (……) I feel calmer now because I can set things aside and leave it there, whereas in the past I would get stuck in it and it would keep running in my head. (P5)
Some participants noticed that their way of coping with physical symptoms had changed, for example avoidance or reassurance seeking behavior. Now they were able to wait and see for a while. Several participants mentioned that their health care use
Translation - Korean 이렇게 새로이 얻은 통찰력을 바탕으로 12명 중 6명의 참여자가 오래된 패턴을 흘려보낼 수 있게 되었다. 예를 들어 P5의 경우 근심거리들과 자신을 동일시하고 그에 대해 계속 반추하게 되는 대신 그것들을 관찰하고 흘려보낼 수 있게 되었음을 깨달았다.
그것은 거기서 일어난 것이고, 그것 자체는 문제가 아니에요. 그것은 전부 당신이 어떻게 다루는가에 달려있죠. (...) 이제 저는 좀 더 편해졌어요. 한쪽으로 치워두고 거기에 내버려둘 수 있게 되었어요. 반면 과거의 저는 근심거리에 매달리고 머리를 싸매고 있었겠죠. (P5)
일부 참여자들은 물리적 증상을 다루는 방식, 예를 들면 회피 또는 안심시켜주는 말을 찾는 행동이 변했다는 것을 깨달았다. 이제 그들은 잠시 기다리고 바라볼 줄 알게 되었다. 몇몇 참여자들은 의료서비스를 이용하는 방식이 변했다고 말했다.
Years of translation experience: 1. Registered at ProZ.com: May 2017. Became a member: Oct 2017.
Hello, My name is Soy Hyunmi Kim, a freelance translator, living in South Korea.
Korean, Chinese, English translator
Food/Drink, Cosmetics, Fashion, Business, Marketing, Social Science
RATE AND CAPACITY
Translation rate: 0.04-0.07 USD per word/ 15-20 USD per hour
Capacity: 3000 words per day
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATION
• More than 4 years’ experience.
• Accuracy and Proficiency in written Korean, English, and Chinese.
-Korean: Mother language. Speaking, reading and writing as a native.
-English: Excellently reading and writing any material. Engaging freely in conversation.
-Chinese: Reading and writing more difficult material. Limited conversation skill.
• Specialized in Food/Drink, Cosmetics, Fashion (costume, clothes, textile), Marketing, Subtitling, Website Localization, Linguistics, Politics, Public policy, Government.
• Strong and broad knowledge in International Law (including WTO), Economics (International Economics, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics), Psychology (Counselling, Family, Child, Welfare, Cognitive psychology), Public Communication
• Excellent Computer Skills- MS office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Hancom office(Hangul)
• CAT tool- SDL Trados 2017 freelancer
• Editing(intern): Hakjisa Co. (Korean publishing company)
• Reviewing & proofreading: College students’ essays and thesis (Korean Linguistics & Literature, Counseling psychology, Traditional Costume)
• Translating: Journals "Family Policy in South Korea: Development, Current Status, and Challenges, "MBCT for patients with medically unexplained symptoms: Process of change", "The ACT Practitioner’s guide to the Science of Compassion"(partial)
Detail orientated/ Highly skilled Word, Excel, CAT/ Fast & Efficient services/ Delivery before deadline
2005 – 2012: B.A. (Korean Linguistics and Literature), B.A. (Politics)
(Yonsei Univ., Seoul, South Korea)
2014 – 2016: Master of Public Policy (Seoul National Univ., Seoul, South Korea)
Please feel free to send a message or mail, if you would like to ask any questions or inquiries about my service.
Thank you for your attention :)