I am recent French and Italian graduate with a 1st Class Honours degree from Nottingham Trent University (UK), looking to work and train as a translator. I possess native fluency in Italian writing, reading and speaking as I have lived in Italy for 9 years. Growing up in a bilingual family has allowed me to keep up to date with new trends and linguistic varieties, making me particularly aware of the social and cultural differences between the two countries.
I also have a firm grasp of the French language with an understanding of proper sentence structure, grammar rules and vocabulary as I have successfully completed a six-month study placement in Aix-en-Provence in 2015.
Key skills gained during my academic studies:
• Accomplished communication skills, both verbal and written, developed through numerous essays and presentations.
• Adapt to new and changing surroundings to work both in a team and independently.
• Gather information, assess and interpret it.
• I have been awarded the Placement Diploma in Language Study Abroad, having successfully completed a period of supervised work experience in Aix-en-Provence (France) and Verona (Italy)
• Insight on all cultural, political and social aspects through contemporary literature and cinema.
• Proficiency in all areas of Microsoft Office, including Word and PowerPoint.
Notable Modules: Interpreting and Translation (Italian) Duration of the course: 9 months.
In Italy I have worked as a personal English tutor, teaching English to undergraduate and post-graduate students with different abilities and career backgrounds (particularly medical and scientific field.)
I have a keen interest in Italian and French history, literature and cinema. I wrote my final dissertation in Italian, on existentialism in Italian literature in which I obtained a 1st.
At the moment I'm looking to work for free/cheap, in order to gain some experience and kick start my career in the translation industry. Thank you for your time.