I am a Child Psychologist, and my top concern these days is about modern parenting. Aside from delving to psychology, I also have deep interests in expressive art, Buddhism and its meditation, astronomy, also some kinds of sports.
REASONS WHY I WANT TO BE TRANSLATOR
Since elementary, I have developed interest in language and culture. Then I began taking translation activity more seriously when I started to do my college tasks, which making reviews by translating psychology textbooks in English to Indonesian in 2010 (when I took my bachelor degree in Psychology). This included translating assessment battery (using back translation procedure) for my final project.
Since then, I started to volunteer to some of United Nations translation projects. And finally decided to do part-time work as a translator. I am aware that sometimes, people (including myself) will grasp some information easily if it is provided in their native language, although they understand the other language. And I want to be one of the "bridge" to help delivering that accessible information.
HOW I HANDLE PROJECTS
I set 10-15 hours/week to do part-time job as a translator. I value quality in everything that I work on, so it is very important to me to have constant communication with the client to ensure that the progress I work on correspond to the client's need. And I will turn down a job if the topic is outside of my competency.
TOPICS (and my experiences with these)
- Psychology, including: children-adolescent development issues (ranging from normal to pathology), parenting, and psychotherapy.
- Art: theatre (have been an actress in some acts for the past 10 years), music (I sing in choir and I constantly listen and delve in different genres of music), paintings (I do oil-painting in my spare time and watch some Youtube video tutorials), poetry (I regularly making poems as a media to express my feelings, in Indonesian and in English)
- Sports, specifically in: basketball, yoga, and wall climbing. I am actively doing these sports for years.
- Buddhism and its meditation: Concepts and meditation practice. I started to practice meditation for 4 years, and began to learn more about Buddhism on 2017.
- Astronomy. I read theories and concepts about astronomy for fun, and sometimes I stay updated about the sky activity then doing some stargazing.