Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
Across, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Powerpoint
I am a Child Psychologist, and my top concern these days is about modern parenting. Aside from delving to psychology, I also have deep interests in expressive art, Buddhism and its meditation, astronomy, also some kinds of sports.
REASONS WHY I WANT TO BE TRANSLATOR
Since elementary, I have developed interest in language and culture. Then I began taking translation activity more seriously when I started to do my college tasks, which making reviews by translating psychology textbooks in English to Indonesian in 2010 (when I took my bachelor degree in Psychology). This included translating assessment battery (using back translation procedure) for my final project.
Since then, I started to volunteer to some of United Nations translation projects. And finally decided to do part-time work as a translator. I am aware that sometimes, people (including myself) will grasp some information easily if it is provided in their native language, although they understand the other language. And I want to be one of the "bridge" to help delivering that accessible information.
HOW I HANDLE PROJECTS
I set 10-15 hours/week to do part-time job as a translator. I value quality in everything that I work on, so it is very important to me to have constant communication with the client to ensure that the progress I work on correspond to the client's need. And I will turn down a job if the topic is outside of my competency.
TOPICS (and my experiences with these)
- Psychology, including: children-adolescent development issues (ranging from normal to pathology), parenting, and psychotherapy.
- Art: theatre (have been an actress in some acts for the past 10 years), music (I sing in choir and I constantly listen and delve in different genres of music), paintings (I do oil-painting in my spare time and watch some Youtube video tutorials), poetry (I regularly making poems as a media to express my feelings, in Indonesian and in English)
- Sports, specifically in: basketball, yoga, and wall climbing. I am actively doing these sports for years.
- Buddhism and its meditation: Concepts and meditation practice. I started to practice meditation for 4 years, and began to learn more about Buddhism on 2017.
- Astronomy. I read theories and concepts about astronomy for fun, and sometimes I stay updated about the sky activity then doing some stargazing.