Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
English to Portuguese: You can't compare apples to oranges General field: Social Sciences Detailed field: Education / Pedagogy
Source text - English Who doesn't like apples and oranges? They are delicious but definitely not comparable. If someone ever tries to compare two things that are not at all related you can say “you can't compare apples to oranges.” For example if someone tries to compare the taste of a real pizza from Italy to a pizza from a franchise, it just doesn't match up.
Translation - Portuguese Quem não gosta de maçãs e laranjas? Elas são deliciosas, mas definitivamente não são comparáveis. Se alguém tentar comparar duas coisas que absolutamente não estão relacionadas, você pode dizer: “you can't compare apples to oranges”. Por exemplo, se alguém tentar comparar o gosto de uma verdadeira pizza da Itália com uma pizza de franquia, elas simplesmente não se igualam.
English to Portuguese: Dicas e Truques para a Migração General field: Tech/Engineering Detailed field: Computers: Systems, Networks
Source text - English The information below will help ensure a smooth transition to the new platform. If more detailed information is required, please access the full migration kit.
1) Many, if not all, of your databases may already be on the new platform or will be moving there. To check which of your databases are currently on the new platform, go to the Administrator Module.
2) Take advantage of our training webinars, including "Managing Your Migration", and watch the YouTube tutorial videos.
3) You may wish to review and customise settings in the Administrator Module. To log in, use the account name and password you currently use to access the Local Administrator Dashboard (LAD). Settings include:
• Interface Settings
• Subject Icons Customisation
Translation - Portuguese As informações abaixo ajudarão a garantir uma transição tranquila para a nova plataforma. Caso necessite de mais detalhes, por favor acesse o kit de migração completo.
1) Muitas, se não todas, as suas bases de dados já devem estar na nova plataforma ou sendo integradas. Para saber quais bases de dados estão atualmente na nova plataforma, vá ao Módulo de Administração.
2) Aproveite nossos treinamentos online, incluindo "Preparando Sua Migração", e assista aos vídeos tutoriais no YouTube.
3) Se desejar, você pode revisar e personalizar suas configurações no Módulo de Administração. Para fazer o login, use o nome de usuário e senha de acesso atuais do Local Administrator Daschboard (LAD). As configurações incluem:
• Configurações de interface
• Customização de ícones de assunto
English to Spanish: El poder de la información General field: Bus/Financial Detailed field: Tourism & Travel
Source text - English The first article in this series discussed how Walt Disney World adds value to its park visitors’ stay by providing useful information to help them plan their day and minimize time spent in queues waiting for rides. In this section, we explain how Disney uses simple information about hotel guests’ stay patterns to increase revenues at their Orlando resort hotels.
Translation - Spanish El primer artículo de esta serie habla de como Walt Disney World añade valor a la estancia de sus visitantes a los parques gracias a que los provee de información útil para que planeen su día y disminuyan el tiempo hacendo cola para las atracciones. En esta sección, explicamos como Disney usa información sencilla sobre los patrones de estadía de sus huéspedes para aumentar sus ingresos en el complejo turístico de Orlando.
Graduate diploma - English-Portuguese Translation NYU
Years of translation experience: 18. Registered at ProZ.com: Mar 2018.
I am a Brazilian professional translator, living in Rio de
Janeiro, with large experience in translating English and Spanish into
Brazilian Portuguese, priming for accuracy and timely delivery of translation.
Recent translation jobs include technical documents,
educational resources, training material, marketing collateral campaigns,
business presentations, software localization and website content, among
others. I am familiar with IT and CAT tools, such as Wordfast and Trados, as
well as MS Office, Adobe Acrobat DC and HTML and XML codes.
In the past, I served at the United Nations in several roles
in the information field, and worked as a senior analyst at companies like
ProQuest and Wood Mackenzie, where three official languages were spoken:
English, Portuguese and Spanish, which helped me to further develop my language
skills, besides the regular education on schools like Cultura Inglesa, Instituto
Cervantes and the United Nations itself.
My formal translation education was earned through the New
York University translation certificate programme. I also hold an academic
Master's degree in Library and Information Science from Federal University of
the State of Rio de Janeiro (UNIRIO).
Having travelled extensively and lived abroad (in the
U.S.A., Spain and Mexico), my work, education and cultural experiences have
given me unique and complex insights into the languages I work with, which I
apply to my translation projects.
Keywords: Portuguese, English, Spanish, academic, research, education, technology, website, software, localization, information science, library, libraries, oil & gas, petroleum, marketing, business, international organization, international cooperation, distance education, distance learning, online learning, database, pdf, html, xml, Brazil