Ahmed-Orabi St., Gaza, Palestine, 00970 Gaza (Palestinian Territories) +972595596499 firstname.lastname@example.org https://www.linkedin.com/feed/?trk= Skype Heba Mohd
Sex Female | Date of birth 07/05/1990 | Nationality Palestinian (Palestinian Territories)
JOB APPLIED FOR Arabic-English Translator
20/12/2017–Present Online Freelance Translation
Online, Gaza (Palestinian Territories)
▪ Translating texts and articles from English to Arabic and vice versa. ▪ Editing, revising, and proofreading texts to be sent to the clients. ▪ Using Computer Aided Translation Tools "CAT Tools" to give the best translation. ▪ Dealing with various clients and agencies. ▪ Using suitable translation types for each field of translation. ▪ Formatting the translated project to be delivered to clients.
28/07/2017–23/12/2017 Arabic-English Translating Youth Vision Society, Gaza (Palestinian Territories) ▪ Translating texts from English to Arabic and vice versa. ▪ Formatting the documents to match the source one. ▪ Editing and revising translated documents for clients. ▪ Proofreading the files to give the final version of the translation. ▪ Revising the texts to give a perfect translation. ▪ Translating Facebook page of the institution.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
01/09/2008–23/08/2012 B.Sc. in Economics and Politics
EQF level 4 Islamic University of Gaza "IUG", Gaza (Palestinian Territories) General ▪ First Aid, English, Arabic, Islamic Education, Statistics, Palestinian Studies
Occupational ▪ Economy, Economic Development, Research Methodology, International Trade, Commercial Law and International Relations
01/09/2007–30/06/2008 High School Certificate "Tawjehe" Khalid-Al-Alami High School, Gaza (Palestinian Territories)
General ▪ Arabic, English, Islamic Education, IT and Economics Scientific Steam ▪ Chemistry, Physics, Biology, and Mathematics
Mother tongue(s) Arabic
Other language(s) English
▪ Speaking in front of large group. ▪ Excellent written and verbal communication skills gained through my experience as project coordinator. ▪ Excellent presentation skills gained during my BA ▪ Speaking in public, to groups, or via electronic media ▪ High communication skills gained throughout my experience in this field. ▪ Professional advocacy skills. ▪ Natural tendency to learn and teach English. ▪ Fluent speaker. ▪ Excellent reader and writer gained through self-study.
▪ Organised and prioritized personal schedule gained from my experience ▪ Time management. ▪ Successfully working to match strict deadlines. ▪ Hardworking. ▪ Ability to work under pressure gained from working in the institution. ▪ Analytical skills gained through my work as a protection cluster member. ▪ Ability to cooperate and work within a team, as well as work individually through my training in Agriculture Ministry.
▪ Translating any text of any kind from Arabic to English and vice versa ▪ Using various methods and techniques of translation. ▪ Knowledge of computer. ▪ Language proficiency. ▪ Fact-checking and proofreading. ▪ Ability to adhere to deadlines. ▪ Keeping files, personal details and any other sensitive material confidential and safe. ▪ Communicate perfectly with clients and agencies.
▪ Professional user of Microsoft Office. ▪ Touch typing speed 30 words per minute. ▪ Good command of photo editing. ▪ Converting file formats. ▪ Branding myself.
▪ Kilgray MemoQ 2014 R2 ▪ SDL Trados Studio 2014 SP2 ▪ Wordfast
DTP Tools ▪ Adobe Illustrator CC 2014 ME ▪ Adobe Photoshop CC 2014 ME ▪ Foxit Phantom PDF Business v7.1.5.0425
▪ References are available upon request.