My name is Verónica Quintas and after spending eight years in the field of education as an English language teacher, I am now seeking to transition into the translation industry as an EN-SP freelance translator.
My broad experience in education has equipped me with a strong set of valuable competences:
• Outstanding command of grammar and writing skills.
• Clear and effective communication.
• Attention to details to seek perfection in the target language.
• Ability to work well under pressure solving problems and managing time.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Great cultural competence.
• Creativity and imagination
• Adaptability and versatility.
All along my teaching career, I have been translating documents of various sort and many scientific papers to be published in scientific journals using SDL Trados Studio. Interested in audiovisual translation, I have written subtitles for videos from Spanish to English and viceversa.