Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
English to Italian: Safety on the road: bukle up/ Sicurezza stradale: allacciare le cinture General field: Other
Source text - English 1) Rear-facing car safety seat. All infants should always ride rear-facing until they are at least 1 year of age and weight at least 20 pounds, preferably until outgrowing the seat's rear-facing height or weight limit.
2) Forward-facing car safety seat. It is best to ride rear-facing as long as possible. Children 1 year of age and at least 20 pounds can ride forward-facing in a car safety seat.
3) Booster seats. Booster seats are for children who have outgrown their forward-facing car safety seats. Children should stay in a booster seat until the adult seat belts fit correctly (usually when a child reaches about 4 feet 9 inches in height and in between 8 and 12 years of age) this means:
- the shoulder belt lies across the middle of the chest and shoulder, not the neck or throat.
- the lap belt is low and snug across the upper thighs, not the belly.
- your child is tall enough to sit against the vehicle seat back with her knees bent without slouching and can stay in this position comfortably throughout the trip.
Translation - Italian 1) Seggiolino in senso contrario alla marcia. Tutti i bambini dovrebbero essere trasportati in senso contrario alla marcia fino a 1 anno di età e fino ad almeno 9 kg, preferibilmente fino a che il seggiolino non diventi troppo piccolo.
2) Seggiolino rivolto in avanti. È sempre meglio guidare con il seggiolino in senso contrario alla marcia finché possibile. I bambini di almeno 1 anno e che pesano almeno 9 kg possono essere trasportati con il seggiolino rivolto in avanti.
3) Booster (adattatori). I booster sono per i bambini più grandi che non possono essere più trasportati nel seggiolino. Il bambino deve essere trasportato con il booster finché la cintura di sicurezza non si adatta perfettamente al suo corpo (generalmente quando il bambino raggiunge 1,50 mt. di altezza e 8-12 anni di età). Ciò significa che:
- La cinghia trasversale passa nella parte centrale del petto e sulla spalla, non sul collo o sulla gola.
- La cinghia sub-addominale fascia la parte superiore delle cosce e non il bacino.
- Il bambino è sufficientemente alto da potersi appoggiare allo schienale con le ginocchia piegate e non penzoloni mantenendo una posizione confortevole per la durata del viaggio.
I own a degree in "Linguistic Mediation and Intercultural Communication" and I'm gettin a master's degree in "Modern Languages for Management and International Cooperation". I would like to start translating. I've already had an experience in February 2018 translating a nearly 2000 words
book, regarding child's health, for a private customer (you will find a very short sample of it in my profile). I'm good at technical translations rather than at literary ones.
I started studying at university when I was 23. Before, I have worked in phone shops, for some important companies such as Vodafone or Tim. During my studies I have practiced translations in medical, literary and business fields. Now I'm focusing in business and legal translations. I'm willing to be tested if it is required and if it will permit to gain your trust.
From September 2016 to January 2017 I've studied in Paris, at Université Paris X. I would like to have much more experiences abroad because it is the best way to learn or improve a language.
I'm interested in linguistic studies, I like reading press articles concernig the right use of my mothertongue but also of French and English languages. I'm also interested in architecture, design, beauty, tourism. In addition to my current studies, I also provide private French/English lessons to people or students who need to learn or improve this languages.