I'm currently working as senior localization manager for a major language translation and content creation management company, where my responsibilities include user experience and linguistic accuracy for a client who is one of the world's largest online streaming services.
I have experience within:
• Linguistic expertise and high attention to detail in locale (Denmark) and English; native level with special attention to grammar, punctuation, editing, translation as well as cultural understanding and appropriateness.
• Verifying linguistic correctness of all localized material incl. artwork, synopses, marketing material, external documents, and metadata.
• Research of local market to assure maximum UX (user experience).
• Helping to keep Best Practice-document up-to-date and concise for the local market (Denmark).
• Structured and ad hoc testing on a variety of devices; web browsers, mobile devices, SmartTVs and gaming consoles.
• Use bug-tracking software to report and prioritize issues.
• Work with engineers and team UI leads to understand and pursue issue to resolution.
• Lab POC for linguistic as well as workflow issues for original content and title localization research for all languages.
• Assisting in verification and training of new testers (Danish and French Canadian).
Moreover, I have had experience working with:
• 2 years of experience with Japanese-Danish-Japanese freelance translation.
• Copywriting for Danish within different industries but especially travel, sports and lifestyle.
• Volunteer translation between French and English for UNDP's mission in Congo.
Work for the United Nations, such as:
- Translation (English to French) of fact sheet for the UNV Program in DR of Congo.
- Translation (English to French) of communication tool to support UNV candidates.
- Translation (English to French) of a document on objectives for sustainable development.
- Translation (English to French) of SOP for the management of Quick Impact Tools.
- Translation (English to Danish) of UN Sustainable Development Goal survey (SDG Action Campaign).
- Translation (French to English) of "Soutien au cycle électorale de Madagascar (SACEM)".