English, Spanish, and Italian translator with 20 years of experience working in professional and business communities. Exceptionally accurate translation skills, including simultaneous translation between all parties during teleconferences and in-person meetings. Diverse translation work including proprietary business materials and large-scale executive organization documents. Consistently relied upon for verification and correction of translated materials. Experience teaching other translators through one-on-one mentoring and professional development courses. I am passionate about positive cross-cultural relationships and cultural sensitivity.
Fluent in English, Spanish, and Italian, including colloquialisms, business vocabulary, and scientific terminology. Experienced with several computer programs, including Microsoft Office, SAP, Google Enterprise, and others. Extremely precise and dedicated. Comfortable with both verbal and written communication, including preparing and giving presentations.
· Translate written and verbal communications between English and Mandarin Chinese.
· Serve as on-call translator for teleconferences as required.
· Mentor intern translators, including teaching internal professional development courses and reviewing final project materials.
· Train new hires on company-specific translation standards, including proper handling of proprietary material.
· Provide review and verification of translation work as required, including materials created by third-party translation services.
· Translated communications between Mandarin-speaking and English-speaking parties as required.
· Traveled with company executives on foreign trips to serve as a translator and executive assistant,
· Completed backlog of written translations and entered information into a digital database.
· Authored informational booklet of common phrases and cultural mannerisms to help colleagues during international communications.
· Received Outstanding Employee recognition.
· Substantial experience of interpretation and translation of court orders, testimony, and written documents
· In-depth knowledge of language-specific grammar, vocabulary, and syntax
· Remarkable knowledge of courtroom protocols, interpreter ethics, and legal terminology
· Familiarity with using computer, copiers, Microsoft Office software and courtroom audio equipment
· Ability to prepare and deliver precise and correct interpretations and sight translations
· Ability to communicate with court staff, officials and the public in a professional and diplomatic manner
· Attended court hearings to listen to speakers’ statements and testimony and simultaneously interpret them.
· Conducted and provided sight interpretation of Affidavits and other legal documents.
· Translated various legal documents and checked for errors in technical terms and terminology.
· Identified a variety of speech patterns and reviewed their vocabulary and phrases.
· Utilized reference materials and operated electronic listening systems, to perform work.
· Developed and maintained positive professional relationships with court officials, attorneys, and judges.
· Delivered interpretation services and assisted with translation of linguistic communication for court.
· Translated and interpreted witness testimony, attorney arguments, and judge orders.
· Attended court proceedings and completed all assignments according to standard practices and rules as prescribed.
· Completed all assigned tasks and prepared daily activity logs and documentation on time.
· Prepared and provided sight translations of jury instructions, court exhibits, and legal documents.
· Educated witness about court procedures and the informed court about issues and situations affecting interpretation activities.